Using StarLeaf room systems StarLeaf Touch 2045Last updated September 20, 2019
There are three types of meeting that you can join using StarLeaf:
- : A scheduled meeting begins at a particular time. Participants receive instructions on how to join a scheduled meeting from either a StarLeaf invite (see below), or a StarLeaf scheduled calendar event.
- From a web browser
- Using phone audio and browser video
- From StarLeaf app
- From a meeting room system (StarLeaf, Cisco, Polycom, etc.)
- From Skype for Business
When a meeting is scheduled, each participant receives a meeting invite by email which provides instructions for all the different ways of joining a StarLeaf video meeting:
- Add participant control on your touchscreen:
An ad hoc meeting has the same in-call controls and features as any other meeting.
: when you add a person or room system to a one-to-one call, this is known as an ad hoc meeting. You can add a participant at any time using the in-call
- : This is the same as a scheduled meeting but without a date and time. A permanent meeting is a virtual meeting room that anyone can dial into at any time. Permanent meetings have the same features as scheduled meetings (invites, interoperability, PSTN dial-in, etc.). The dialing details never change and the meeting is always joinable.
To create a permanent meeting, go to Portal > Meetings > Create permanent meeting.
If your organization does not have the option to create permanent meetings and you want it do, ask your admin to contact email@example.com to request permanent meetings.