Making a call using GT Mini
Using StarLeaf room systems StarLeaf Touch 2035/2036Last updated September 11, 2019
You can make a call in a few different ways:
- You can dial a number: Simply dial the number using the keypad
- You can call one of your favorites: Press the contacts button and then favorites to search for the favorite that you want to call
- You can return a call: Go to call and under recent calls select the call you want to return
- You can call someone in the company’s directory: Go to contacts > company directory and choose someone to call
- You can call someone from your own personal contact list: Go to contacts > personal contacts
- You can dial a video address that might be a series of letters, numbers or symbols
You can simply dial a number as you would with any phone, using the keypad.
When you start to dial a number, your screen looks something like this:
You might have been given a prefix to use when you want to dial out onto the public telephone network. For example, in some companies you are told to “dial 9 for an outside line”. Connection from your StarLeaf endpoints to the public telephone network is an optional extra. For more information, contact your StarLeaf representative.
To redial a call that you received recently:
- Select call. The screen displays the call tab.
- Under recent calls, select the name of the person whom you want to call.
Some companies have a lot of entries in the directory. In this case, you might find it easier to use the search facility. To do so:
- From the home screen, go to contacts > company directory
and select search.
- Use the keyboard to type the name of the person you want to find.
As soon as you start typing, the search starts looking. You might only need to type the first letter of someone’s name to find them.
The search keyboard looks like this:
You might need to dial someone who has a video address that includes letters or numbers and symbols. This might be known as a URI or it might be an IP address. If you need to do this, press the keyboard icon in the type field. A full keyboard displays for you to access letters and numbers. Your display looks like this:
If you are dialing an IP address, you can do so by using the keypad of the touchscreen controller. Press the star (asterisk) key where you would normally put a dot, and press the hash (pound) key to cause the system to dial the IP address you have entered.
The above information also applies where you want to call third-party video-conferencing equipment. For example, for dialing Polycom, Lifesize, Cisco, Tandberg etc. endpoints. If you do not know how to dial somebody, send them an guest invite. This contains all the dialing information so that somebody can call you. You will then see their video address in your recent calls list.
Using the Dialer, you can call the following:
- Anyone in your company who has a StarLeaf endpoint (either the StarLeaf app or a hardware endpoint). These people are all in Contacts
- Anyone outside your company who has a StarLeaf endpoint; just dial their email address from your StarLeaf hardware video endpoint or from the StarLeaf app
- Anyone else. If someone has not got a StarLeaf endpoint, you can still have a video call with them. There are two ways of doing this:
- Send them an invite and they can click a link to video call you from their web browser or they can install the StarLeaf app
- If they already have video conferencing equipment, they can call you using that (or you can call them if you know their video address or URI)