Making a call
Using StarLeaf room systems StarLeaf Touch 2035/2036Last updated April 20, 2021
You can make a call in a few different ways:
- Dial a number: Simply dial the number using the keypad
- Call one of your favorites: Press the contacts button and then favorites to search for the favorite that you want to call
- Return a call: Go to call and under recent calls select the call you want to return
- Call someone in the company’s directory: Go to contacts > company directory and choose someone to call
- Call someone from your own personal contact list: Go to contacts > personal contacts
- Dial a video address that might be a series of letters, numbers or symbols
You can dial a number as you would with any phone, using the keypad.
You might need a prefix to dial out onto the public telephone network. For example, in some companies you are told to “dial 9 for an outside line”. Dialing the telephone network from your StarLeaf endpoints is an optional extra.
To redial a call that you received recently:
- Touch call on the home screen. The screen displays the call tab.
- Under recent calls, select the name of the person whom you want to call.
To manually search the company’s directory:
- From the home screen, go to contacts > company directory
and select search.
- Use the keyboard to type the name of the person you want to find.
The search keyboard looks like this:
You might need to dial someone who has a video address that includes letters, numbers, or symbols. This might be known as a URI or it might be an IP address.
Press the keyboard icon in the type field to display a full keyboard for you to access letters and numbers:
If you are dialing an IP address, you can do so by using the keypad of the touchscreen controller. Press the star (asterisk) key where you would normally put a dot, and press the hash (pound) key to cause the system to dial the IP address you have entered.
You might need letters or special characters when you want to call third-party video-conferencing equipment (e.g Polycom, Lifesize, Cisco, Tandberg endpoints).
If you do not know how to dial somebody, send them a guest invite. This contains all the dialing information so that somebody can call you.
You can call anyone using the Dialer:
Call anybody who uses StarLeaf app or a StarLeaf room system:
- Contact details of people and room systems in your organization are all in your organization’s directory under Contacts
- People outside your organization can be dialed using their email address
If someone does not have a StarLeaf account, you can still video call them:
- If they have video conferencing equipment (e.g Cisco, LifeSize, Polycom endpoints), you can call them if you know their video address or URI
- If they do not have video conferencing equipment, send them a StarLeaf invite where they can download StarLeaf app, or video call you from their web browser