Meeting controls and features
Using StarLeaf room systemsLast updated April 22, 2021
In this topic:
When you are in a meeting, the touchscreen shows the following controls and features:
For information on how to share your screen, see Screen sharing to a room
|Choose whether to have your microphone on mute or unmute before or during a call|
|Customize your camera’s point of view, and choose whether to have your camera on or off before or during a call|
|Add another person to the meeting|
|Customize your screen layout (see How to customize your screen layout for more information)|
|Hang up from the meeting|
|Open the More menu to access a touch tone keypad and put the call on hold|
|Change the output volume of your meeting by using the – and + icons|
|Open the Manage panel to see settings for each participant (see Using the Manage panel for more information)|
- Record: If your organization has the Recording solution enabled, press this button to begin recording the meeting. Press it again to stop recording
- Lock meeting: Prevent any more participants from joining the meeting. Anyone who attempts to join this meeting will see a notification informing them that the meeting is locked
- Mute / Unmute all: Use these controls to instantly mute and unmute all participants
- End meeting: Use the End meeting control to disconnect all participants from the meeting. A confirmation dialog will appear for you to confirm this action
- Mute individual: To mute/unmute a specific participant, touch the microphone icon
- Remove individual: To remove a specific participant from the meeting, touch the cross icon
For the best screen sharing experience, download StarLeaf for desktop to wirelessly share your screen into a meeting. If this is not possible, you can use a wired connection such as an HDMI cable instead.
For more information on how to share your screen, go to Screen sharing to a room.
To customize your screen layout and how you see participants, touch the Screen layout icon on your touchscreen controller.
- To change how you see participants, select the Participants tab and choose an Arrangement
- To choose whether to view content being shared by other participants, select the Shared content tab
- To view the display of a device which you have connected to the room system (such as a laptop), select the My device tab
- To switch your self-view on or off, use the Self-view toggle. This only removes the view for you and people in the room, remote participants in the meeting can still see you. To turn off your camera, use the Mute camera icon on the bottom toolbar of the screen
For more information, see Meeting layouts.