Joining a meeting
Using StarLeaf room systemsLast updated April 9, 2021
In this topic:
- How to use the Join now button
- Join now button behavior
- How to join with a meeting ID
- How to join third-party meetings from StarLeaf rooms
When your room system has been invited to a meeting, a green button will appear on the home screen, displaying the meeting title and the name of the organizer, ten minutes before the meeting is due to start.
To join the meeting, touch the green button.
If you join early, you will see the waiting screen.
The button remains green for the duration of the meeting in case you need to join after the scheduled start time. If a scheduled meeting is canceled, the meeting details are removed from the Join button.
When a scheduled meeting is not due to start, the button appears grayed out, displaying either:
- When the next meeting is due to start
- When there are no upcoming meetings for that day
If two meetings have been scheduled in your room system, and are due to start, two green buttons appear on the home screen:
If more than two meetings are scheduled, touch the Join button to expand the view of all upcoming meetings.
To join a permanent meeting, or a meeting that the room system has not been invited to, use the Join with meeting ID button.
- Find the meeting ID with which to join the meeting. This can be found either in a StarLeaf invite or on a StarLeaf scheduled calendar event.
- Touch Join with meeting ID.
- Type the meeting ID of the meeting you want to join. You can find this ID in a StarLeaf invite or StarLeaf scheduled calendar event.
- Touch Join to enter the meeting.
You can join meetings on any other standards-based conferencing platform, such as Microsoft Teams from a StarLeaf room system.
If your organization has set up MultiJoin, and the StarLeaf room system has been invited to the meeting, a green Join button will automatically appear on the touchscreen. This is the quickest and easiest way to join a third-party meeting.
If you do not see a green Join button, you can still join the third-party meeting in one of the following ways:
- Using Pronto Cable
- Forward the meeting invite to the room system
- Call the video address (H.323) of the third-party meeting
- The room must have Pronto Cable installed.
- The scheduled meeting must be in your calendar.
Connect Pronto to your laptop and press the green Join button that appears on the StarLeaf room touchscreen.
Prerequisite: An email address must already be assigned to the room by an admin.
From your email, forward the meeting invite to the StarLeaf room’s email address as shown on the home screen of the touchscreen controller and press the green Join button when it appears.
Prerequisite: The third-party platform must provide a video address for the meeting in the invite email.
- In your meeting invite, find the video or H.323 address of the meeting. In a Microsoft Teams invite, for example, it might look like this: email@example.com
- On the StarLeaf touchscreen controller, select Dialer .
- Type the video address into the Search or dial field and select Call. You may also be prompted to enter a conference ID or password.