Troubleshooting StarLeaf app
Using StarLeaf appLast updated January 29, 2019
Select a topic below to learn more about the issue or feature.
- In the app, go to Account.
- Select Send feedback. This opens an email template and uploads call logs to StarLeaf support.
- Use the template to tell us about your experience with the app.
The StarLeaf app is available for:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (all require .NET framework 4.6 or later)
- iOS 9.0 and later
- macOS 10.11 and later
- Android 5.0 or later
To run on Windows, StarLeaf requires .NET framework 4.6. This is a standard Microsoft component that will already be installed on computers that receive Microsoft updates regularly. If you do not have this component installed, the app installer will automatically install it for you. However, if you do not have admin rights to the computer, the installer will not be able to do so and the install will fail (in this case ask your IT team for help).
All of our existing customers have been enabled for using the app, but new users in those organizations will continue to get Breeze until you alert StarLeaf technical support that you want new users to get the app.
- On some devices, you need to give permission for an app to access your camera and microphone. Refer to Permissions on iPhone and Android for more information
- If another person in the call says your voice is too quiet or too loud, it may be due to your microphone levels rather than the volume of their speakers. For information about adjusting your microphone levels, refer to About camera and microphone
- On the iPhone, when you answer a call from the lock screen you then need to select video, otherwise it will be a voice-only call
Under the Account tab in the app, you can check your connection speed in Speed test. The speed test advises you of call bandwidth and the quality of video that your app can receive depending on this.
Select Run speed test to check the latest connection status.
The app may allow audio only calls instead of audio and video to optimize the calling experience in poor connection conditions.
The speed test feature is available on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Huawei phones often fail to send you notifications for apps and this also applies to the StarLeaf app.
To solve this problem:
- Go to settings > advanced settings > battery manager > protected apps, find the app you want to see notifications from, and protect it. This is achieves “whitelisting” of the app.
- Go to settings > apps > advanced > ignore battery optimizations, find the app and ignore it. Choosing to ignore the app causes the phone to allow the app to run rather than allowing the phone to go into a battery-sleep-mode.