Scheduling a meeting
Using StarLeaf appLast updated February 28, 2018
When you schedule a meeting, you can choose when your meeting takes place and who attends. Your attendees then receive email invites to your meeting.
To schedule a meeting, select the add icon and Schedule meeting on the app. This is how it looks on an iPhone:
You will then be directed to the StarLeaf Portal in your browser where all meeting management takes place.
- Go to
- Add the details you require for Title and Description. These are included in the meeting invites.
- If your organization has purchased the recording solution, select Record meeting to record this meeting.
- Set the time and date for your meeting.
- Select a start and end time and date for your meeting
- Set a repeat if this meeting happens on a regular basis
- If this is a permanent meeting, select Permanent. The meeting never ends. It is a virtual meeting, that anyone can dial into at any time
- Add Participants by email address. Separate email addresses with commas. You can include anyone’s email address. If participants do not already have StarLeaf, the ‘invite’ email describes how to sign up as a guest or join using a browser. The invite also describes how to join your conference from any other standards-based video conferencing equipment and includes PSTN (telephone) numbers for audio-only participants.
- If there are Room systems in your organization, you can add one or more. This means that your participants know which meeting rooms are in the meeting if they want to walk along to the nearest one.
- Advanced settings:
- Keep people on hold until: Use this setting to determine whether people are able to talk to each other before you join the meeting
- Time zone: If you are in a different time zone to the one displayed here, correct it. This ensures that everyone to whom you send an invite knows the correct time for your meeting
- Layout : You can choose a layout for the meeting. Video layouts are described in Conference layouts
- Click .
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user, you can also schedule a meeting directly in Outlook. To do so, you will need the StarLeaf Outlook add-in. For more information, refer to Outlook Add-in for Exchange Server.