Making a call
Using StarLeaf appLast updated November 30, 2017
You can call any contact or group in your organization in three simple steps.
- In the app, search for a contact or group by typing their name into the Search or dial box.
- Select the contact or group and then the phone icon.
- Select either Video call or Voice call.
On an iPhone, this box is at the top of the page:
The Call options box appears.
You can also call a video address that is a series of letters, numbers, or symbols. The video address might be known as a URI or it might be an IP address.
You might need to use such a video address when:
- You want to call third-party video-conferencing equipment such as Polycom, Lifesize, Cisco, and Tandberg endpoints from the StarLeaf app
- You are trying to join a video conference on a third-party service such as BlueJeans from the StarLeaf app
To call someone from the app using a video address:
- Enter the video address in the Search or dial field in the app as shown below.
- Select Start a video call.
An IP address is shown in the example above. If you receive a URI as the video address, it may be in a similar format to email@example.com. This can be entered in the same way as the IP address.
It is possible to send a message to a person or group while you are in a call with them.
When you are in a call, select the Chat icon at the bottom of the screen. This opens the chat box to the right-hand side, allowing you to send messages while remaining in the ongoing call.
The in-call chat feature is currently available in the desktop app only.