Using StarLeaf appLast updated December 4, 2020
File sharing allows you to send and receive all types of files such as images, videos, and documents in the StarLeaf app.
To learn more about file sharing, select a topic below:
- How to share files
- How to view a shared file
- Supported file types and sizes
- How to view your cloud storage
The example below shows how to share files in the StarLeaf app for iOS.
- From your StarLeaf app, go to Chats and select the person or group you wish to send a file to.
- Select the paperclip icon beside Type a message.
- Select either Camera, Photos, or Files to search for a file.
- Select the file when you have located it.
- Add a caption or message to your file (optional).
- Select the send button. Your file is sent.
In desktop versions, it is possible to drag and drop a file into the type field
When you receive a file from another user in the StarLeaf app, it appears in your chat with that user (or group).
Select the cloud icon in the middle of the file to download and view it.
It is not yet possible to delete a shared file in the app
File sharing in the StarLeaf app supports all types of files – images (e.g. JPG, PNG, & GIF), videos (e.g. MP4, AVI) and documents (e.g. PDF, DOC, & DOCX).
The maximum file size that can be shared is 1GB.
As shown in the image above, file size and type are displayed on the image in the bottom left and right-hand corners.
To view your cloud storage allowance and usage:
- In the app, go to Account.
- Select Current plan.
There are three headings under Your cloud storage:
- Allowance: the total storage allowance for your organization
- Remaining: the total storage remaining and available to use by your organization
- You are using: the storage amount that only you are using