Creating a group
Using StarLeaf appLast updated May 16, 2018
You can create a group with one or more contacts in your organization. You can call, send messages to, and start meetings with a group.
A group can be created by anyone and can be private or public.
A private group is only visible to people who are invited to join by the group admin. A public group is visible to everyone in the organization and anyone can join without an invitation.
- From the app, select the add button. On an iPhone, this is at the top of the screen:
- Choose New group.
- Enter a Group Name, a Description (optional), and set the Privacy to either Private or Public.
- To add a user to your group, type their name in the search bar and select them.
- When you have added the contacts you want, select Create.
If you create a group, you automatically become the admin of that group.
Admins can add and remove people from a group. Admins can also choose to make anybody else in the group another admin. They can remove their own admin status as long as there is at least one other admin in the group.
In a group’s information panel, members are listed in the order of when they originally joined or were added to the group. If a member leaves and rejoins, they regain their original position in the order.
There must always be at least one admin in a group. If the only admin happens to leave a group, admin rights are automatically transferred to the member in the list who joined the group first. For example, if the group creator is the only admin in a group and leaves the group, the member who joined or was added to the group immediately after the creator automatically becomes the admin.
An admin of a group can promote another member to admin and also demote someone from admin.
To promote a member to admin:
- Go to i, the information page of the group.
- Select the member you want to make admin.
- Select Promote to admin.
If you want to remove a member’s admin status, take the same steps as above and select Demote from admin.