Creating a group
Using StarLeaf appLast updated April 4, 2018
You can create a group with one or more contacts in your organization. You can call, send messages to, and start meetings with a group.
A group can be created by anyone and can be private or public.
A private group is only visible to people who are invited to join by the group admin. A public group is visible to everyone in the organization and anyone can join without an invitation.
If you create a group, you automatically become the admin of that group.
Admins can add and remove people from a group. Admins can also choose to make anybody else in the group another admin. They can remove their own admin status as long as there is at least one other admin in the group.
- From the app, select the add button. On an iPhone, this is at the top of the screen:
- Choose New group.
- Enter a Group Name, a Description (optional), and set the Privacy to either Private or Public.
- To add a user to your group, type their name in the search bar and select them.
- When you have added the contacts you want, select Create.
An admin of a group can promote another member to admin and also demote someone from admin.
To promote a member to admin:
- Go to i, the information page of the group.
- Select the member you want to make admin.
- Select Promote to admin.
If you want to remove a member’s admin status, take the same steps as above and select Demote from admin.