About camera and microphone
Using StarLeaf appLast updated August 17, 2018
You can configure the camera, microphone, and speakers settings in the desktop app. These settings can still be accessed if you are in a call.
- Go to your Account page in the desktop app.
- Go to Audio & video settings as shown below.
- Select the audio and video devices you wish to use from the options available to you.
To adjust your microphone levels, use the slider underneath Microphone. Increasing the level on the slider increases your transmitted volume.
The StarLeaf app uses the camera and microphone on your device. We recommend that you give permissions when prompted so that you can successfully make voice and video calls.
Launching the StarLeaf app prompts a permissions dialog, requesting access to the camera and microphone. Select OK to give StarLeaf access to these so that you can make voice and video calls.
If you disable these permissions, on purpose or by mistake, you will not be able to make voice or video calls using StarLeaf. To re-enable, follow the steps below:
- Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Camera and enable StarLeaf
- Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable StarLeaf
- Go to Android Settings > Apps > StarLeaf > Permissions and enable Camera and Microphone