About camera and microphone
Using StarLeaf appLast updated June 6, 2019
You can configure the camera, microphone, and speakers settings in the desktop app. These settings can still be accessed if you are in a call.
- Go to your Account page in the desktop app.
- Go to Audio & video settings as shown below.
- Select the audio and video devices you wish to use from the options available to you.
To adjust your microphone levels, use the slider underneath Microphone. Increasing the level on the slider increases your transmitted volume.
The StarLeaf app uses the camera and microphone on your device. We recommend that you give permissions when prompted so that you can successfully make voice and video calls.
Launching the StarLeaf app prompts a permissions dialog for each the camera and microphone. On iPhone, select Continue to give permissions. On Android, select Give Permission.
If you disable these permissions, on purpose or by mistake, you will not be able to make voice or video calls using StarLeaf. To re-enable, follow the steps below:
- Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Camera and enable StarLeaf
- Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable StarLeaf
- Go to Android Settings > Apps > StarLeaf > Permissions and enable Camera and Microphone
If your Mac is operating with macOS Mojave, there are similar permission requests to those on iOS and Android.
Launching the StarLeaf app prompts a permissions dialog for each the camera and microphone. On these dialogs, select OK so that you can make voice and video calls.
If you select Don’t Allow and then attempt to make or receive a voice or video call, the upcoming StarLeaf app version 2.18 will show you how to re-enable these permissions.
If you are using an earlier StarLeaf app version on Mojave, follow the steps below to re-enable access to the camera and/or microphone.
- Go to System Preferences in the main Apple menu.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Select Privacy and then Camera or Microphone.
- Tick the box beside StarLeaf to enable permissions.
- Restart StarLeaf to activate the changes.