StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar
Using SchedulingLast updated November 21, 2018
StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar is an integration that allows you to schedule video meetings directly from your Google Calendar. It can be used to invite anyone to a meeting, even if they are not a Google Calendar user.
The StarLeaf Scheduler is available on Google Chrome and you can download it from the Chrome Web Store here .
To learn more about StarLeaf Scheduler, select a topic below:
To schedule a StarLeaf video meeting from your Google Calendar:
- Open Google Calendar in Chrome and ensure that you are signed in.
- Select one of the following:
- the StarLeaf icon beside the URL bar and Schedule Meeting
- the StarLeaf Scheduler button on the calendar
- Edit and complete the invite fields as you want them to appear.
- Select Save.
A meeting invite appears. The text of your invite is pre-populated with instructions on how to join the meeting.
You can invite people and a meeting room(s) to the meeting from Guests and Rooms.
Your meeting is scheduled and an invite is sent to all participants.
When a meeting is scheduled, each participant receives a meeting invite by email which provides instructions for all the different ways of joining a StarLeaf video meeting:
- From the StarLeaf app
- From a phone (audio-only)
- From a web browser
- From a meeting room system (Cisco, Polycom, etc.)
- From Skype for Business
People who are scheduling meetings using the StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar will want to book meeting rooms for those meetings. To allow people to book both the room AND the StarLeaf room system (which lights up the JoinNow button and prevents the room from being double-booked), the StarLeaf Scheduler supports room resource calendar integration.
For each meeting room:
- Ask the Google admin to find the room resources page and make a note of the Google room resource account. This is an email address.
- Log in to the Starleaf Portal, go to Rooms, and on the Edit room page, enter the Google room resource account into the Email address field.
Note that if the Email address field is not visible, contact StarLeaf Support to enable it on your organization’s account.