Windows Game Mode recording
Using Recording and streamingLast updated July 8, 2021
If your organization does not have the StarLeaf recording service, you can still record calls and meetings using Game Mode on a Windows device.
Before starting a recording with Game Mode, you must first set up your devices.
- Press Windows + G on your keyboard to open the Game Mode overlay.
- Open Settings.
- Go to the Capturing tab, and under Audio to Record, tick All.
- In the Audio window, go to the Voice tab, and make sure the devices selected are the same ones that you are using for StarLeaf.
You can exit the Game Mode overlay by pressing Windows + G again.
Before you start a recording, make sure you have fully set up Game Mode.
- Press Alt + Windows + R on your keyboard. The recording starts and a mini toolbar appears on your screen.
- Unmute your microphone using the mini toolbar.
Your microphone will now be recorded as well. If you mute your microphone in the StarLeaf call window, Game Mode still records your voice.
When you want to stop recording, click the stop icon on the mini toolbar, or press Alt + Windows + R again.
Recordings are automatically saved to your desktop’s File Explorer, under This PC > Videos > Capture.