Joining a meeting
Using PT Mini 3020Last updated July 4, 2018
You can join ad hoc, scheduled, and permanent meetings from the PT Mini.
When someone adds a person to a call, this is known as an ad hoc meeting. If someone adds you to their call, you receive a incoming call.
If you do not want to join the meeting, ignore or reject the call.
If you receive an invitation to a meeting, the details are shown on the Join button on the day of the meeting. The behavior of the Join button is as follows:
- If there are no meetings in progress or due to start, the Join button displays the message ‘join with meeting ID’
- If there is a scheduled meeting due to start in ten minutes or less, the Join button alights green and displays the name of the meeting, the name of the meeting organizer and the time remaining before it starts
- When the meeting starts, the Join button flashes. Anytime after the Join button lights green, you can use the button to join the conference
- If you receive invitations to two overlapping meetings, the details of the first conference due to start display on the Join button. When the first meeting has ended, the details of the second meeting display. To join the second meeting at any time, dial the meeting ID which is in the meeting invite email
If a scheduled meeting is canceled, the meeting details are removed from the Join button.
Permanent meetings do not trigger the Join button, and do not appear on the button display.
The default message when there are no meetings in progress or due to start:
The message displayed when a scheduled meeting is due to start:
The message displayed when a scheduled meeting has started:
Whenever you are ready to join a scheduled or permanent meeting, either:
- Use the Join button when the button is lit green, or
- Dial into the meeting using the meeting ID, which is in the meeting invite email
To join a permanent meeting, dial the meeting ID.