Making a call
Using Phone 2105Last updated March 3, 2017
You can make a call in a few different ways:
- You can dial a number: Simply dial the number
- You can call one of your favorites: Press the speed dial for the favorite that you want to call
- You can return a call: Press to show the last 10 recent calls and select the call you want to return
- You can call someone in the company’s directory: Press either or , then press and choose someone to call
- You can dial a video address that might be a series of letters, numbers or symbols
You can call using the handset, a headset, or while on speakerphone.
Dialing a number
You can simply dial a number as you would with any phone.
You can also dial an extension number for a user in your organization, and make PSTN calls, if your organization is configured to allow this.
You might have been given a prefix to use when you want to dial out onto the public telephone network. For example, in some companies you are told to “dial 9 for an outside line”. Connection from your StarLeaf endpoints to the public telephone network is an optional extra. For more information, contact your StarLeaf representative.
Dialing a favorite
You have five programable favorites that you can set up as speed dials. These are the first five contacts on your favorites list in Breeze. For more information on setting up favorites, refer to Contacts. To call a contact you’ve already set up, simply press the speed dial button for that contact.
To make it easier to remember in which order your contacts have been set up, you can lift up the protective plastic around the speed dials to write labels above each button.
Redialing a recent call
To redial a call that you received recently:
- Press to show the last 10 recent calls.
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate to the call you want to redial.
- Press again to dial that number.
Searching in the company directory
Some companies have a lot of entries in the directory. In this case, you might find it easier to use the search facility. To do so:
- Press either or . The recent call list displays on the screen.
- Press . The directory list of contacts displays on the screen, and the cursor is active in the search field.
- Use the number pad to type in the name of the contact you want to find.
As soon as you start typing, the search starts looking. You might only need to type the first letter of someone’s name to find them.
The above information also applies where you want to call third-party video-conferencing equipment. For example, for dialing Polycom, Lifesize, Cisco, Tandberg etc. endpoints. If you do not know how to dial somebody, send them an guest invite. This contains all the dialing information so that somebody can call you. You will then see their video address in your recent calls list.
Ending a call
To end a call, replace the handset, regardless of which audio output you are using. If you are using a headset or are on speakerphone while on a call, you can press the button or the button, respectively, to end the call.
When you have missed calls on the phone, the number of missed calls (up to nine) appears next to the icon. If there are more than nine missed calls, an exclamation mark appears next to the icon instead. Consecutive missed calls from the same caller are listed as a single item in the recent calls list, along with the number of missed calls in brackets.
To clear the recent calls list and missed call counter, press to go to the recent calls list, then press . To clear the recent calls list on Breeze, go toand click . Clearing the recent calls list on the phone erases the missed calls counter on Breeze, but not the calls list. Similarly, clearing the recent calls list on Breeze clears the counter from the phone display screen, but not the calls list on the phone itself.