Outlook scheduling plugin
UsingLast updated April 11, 2017
The StarLeaf scheduling plugin for Outlook allows all Outlook users in an organization to schedule video meetings directly from their Outlook client.
Installing the plugin on your Windows computer allows you to schedule meetings from Outlook. You can invite any other StarLeaf user or meeting room system to your meeting. You can also invite anyone else and they can join the meeting from their browser or by using their own video conferencing system or their phone. The meeting invitation is pre-populated with the correct dial-in details for your video meeting.
Scheduling a StarLeaf video meeting via the Outlook plugin automatically creates a scheduled conference on the StarLeaf Cloud. The scheduled conference is visible, but not editable, on the StarLeaf Portal.
The StarLeaf Outlook Plugin supports Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Installing the Outlook Plugin
- Close Outlook on your computer.
- Download the plugin from here .
- Run the file you have downloaded and follow onscreen instructions.
- Restart Outlook and open your calendar. There is a new option on the Outlook ribbon:
Logging in to the StarLeaf Cloud
To create video meetings from Outlook, you must be logged into the StarLeaf Cloud. The first time you use the plugin, you are asked to log in.
- Click Schedule.
- Enter your username (your email address) and your password. These are the credentials you use to log in to Breeze. (You can reset your password here .)
Creating a new video meeting
- Click Schedule.
- In the To: text box, enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite to your meeting.
- You can invite meeting room systems to the video meeting. StarLeaf meeting room systems display a Join Now button making it very easy for people to join their video meeting
- If you later want to update any of the meeting details (e.g. change the time of your meeting), you can do so by editing the meeting details in your Outlook calendar. All participants receive email updates
- To cancel a meeting, find the the meeting details in your Outlook calendar and choose delete. All participants receive email updates
- To convert a regular Outlook meeting into a video meeting, open the meeting details and click Schedule:
- Outlook 2010: If you are using this version of Outlook, and you create a repeating conference, you cannot later edit a single occurrence of that conference