UsingLast updated March 11, 2021
In this topic:
- Video layouts
- Video and content layouts
- Layouts for dual screen room systems
- How to change video layouts
- How to switch main video view (desktop and mobile)
- How to move the self-view
- Content zoom for iOS
The following video layouts are available for all meetings.
|In this layout, the current speaker is given the largest pane of the call window. Other participants are displayed in a strip below the current speaker. A maximum of five participants appear in the strip. Counters display the numbers of additional audio and video participants in the meeting|
|In this layout, every participant is displayed in equal-sized panes. The number of panes is determined by the number of participants in the meeting. Up to 25 participants are shown. Counters display the numbers of additional audio and video participants in the meeting|
|In this layout, only the current speaker is seen in a large pane. This layout is sometimes known as ‘speaker-only’. Counters display the numbers of additional audio and video participants in the meeting|
In this layout, the current speaker is given the largest pane of the call window. The size of that pane is determined by the number of other people in the meeting. Every participant remains visible at all times up to a maximum of 10 participants. Counters display the numbers of additional audio and video participants in the meeting
This can be set as the default layout for an organization, or when scheduling a meeting. It cannot be switched to during a meeting.
When someone is sharing content in the meeting, you can choose between the following layouts.
This applies to the app and room systems with single screens. If you are using a dual screen room system, then the primary screen displays the participant using the video layouts above, and the second screen displays shared content
|Content and strip|
|In this layout, the shared content is shown in the largest pane. Participants are shown in a strip of panes below content, with up to 8 participants visible onscreen. Counters will display the number of additional meeting participants.|
|Content, speaker and panes|
|In this layout, the shared content and current speaker are shown in the largest panes. Participants are shown in smaller panes with up to 11 participants visible onscreen. Counters will display the number of additional meeting participants.|
|Content and panes|
In this layout, the shared content is shown in the largest pane. Participants (including the speaker) are shown in panes below and to the right of content, with up to 8 participants visible onscreen. Counters will display the number of additional meeting participants.
This can be set as the default layout for an organization or when scheduling a meeting. It cannot be switched to while in a meeting.
|Content and PiP|
|This layout shows only the shared content and a person-in-picture (PiP) view. Counters will display the number of additional meeting participants.|
The table below shows what is displayed and when in a dual-screen room system:
|Room system state||Screen A||Screen B|
|Not in a call||Upcoming meetings||Background image only|
|Not in a call with a PC attached||Upcoming meetings||Local PC|
|On dial screen||Self view||Background image only|
|On dial screen with PC attached||Self view||Local PC|
|In a call||Remote video||Self view (if self view is turned off, then leaf icon)|
|In a call receiving content||Remote video||Shared PC|
|In a call with PC attached||Remote video||Local PC|
Select a platform below for information on how to change your video layout during a meeting:
To change your meeting view on a Windows or macOS device:
- Hover your cursor to reveal the top toolbar.
- Click the mini icon of the meeting layout you want:
Your selected layout is automatically applied.
To change your meeting view on an Android or iOS device:
- Turn your device to landscape mode.
- Touch the icon of the layout you want from the top of the screen.
Phones in portrait mode can only use the Current speaker layout.
To customize your screen layout and how you see participants, touch the Screen layout icon on your touchscreen controller.
- To change how you see participants, select the Participants tab and choose an Arrangement
- To choose whether to view content being shared by other participants, select the Shared content tab
- To view the display of a device which you have connected to the room system (such as a laptop), select the My device tab
- To switch your self-view on or off, use the Self-view toggle. This only removes the view for you and people in the room, remote participants in the meeting can still see you. To turn off your camera, use the Mute camera icon on the bottom toolbar of the screen
When someone starts sharing content in a meeting, it automatically becomes the largest video view for other participants.
On StarLeaf for desktop and mobile, you can switch between the content and your self-view by selecting the video portrait:
You can move your self-view to any corner of the call window while in a one-to-one call, or in a meeting with the Current speaker, or Content and PiP (person-in-picture) layouts:
- Room systems: go to Screen layout > Participants, then touch and drag the blue directional box
- Desktop: click and drag your self-view
- iOS: touch and drag your self-view
On iOS devices, you can zoom in to content shared by other participants:
- Select the shared content as your main video view.
- Pinch and drag out on the content to zoom in.
You can zoom back out by dragging two fingers in together on the content.