Scheduling for Google Calendar
Using Scheduling a meetingLast updated September 22, 2020
StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar is an integration that allows you to schedule StarLeaf meetings directly from your Google Calendar. It can be used to invite anyone to a meeting, even if they are not a Google Calendar user.
The StarLeaf Scheduler is available on Google Chrome and you can download it from the Chrome Web Store. In this topic:
- Installing the StarLeaf Scheduler
- Scheduling a meeting from Google Calendar
- Using the StarLeaf Scheduler shortcut
- About meeting invites
- For admins: disable Google Meet conferencing button in calendar events
- Go to the StarLeaf Scheduler page in the Chrome Web Store here.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension in the pop-up window.
- Go to the top right-hand corner and click on the StarLeaf icon in the Chrome toolbar.
- Click Connect.
- Choose an account to link the StarLeaf Scheduler to.
- Click the information icon to learn more about StarLeaf permissions.
- Allow the StarLeaf Scheduler to access your Google Account to complete the installation.
- In your Google Calendar, click the Create button in the top left-hand corner.
- When the event window opens, choose the Schedule with StarLeaf button.
- Create your meeting using the Google Calendar settings and features. The pre-populated text in the description is editable
- Click Save when you have finished creating your meeting.
- Choose whether you want to notify your guests by email.
- Your StarLeaf meeting will appear as a normal Google Calendar event. Click on the event to edit or cancel it.
The StarLeaf Scheduler shortcut is an icon in the Google Chrome toolbar.
Here you can click on the StarLeaf icon to access the following features:
- Schedule Meeting: Opens a new tab and takes you directly to the create event page in your Google Calendar
- Send Feedback: Opens your default email app where you can provide StarLeaf with any feedback
- Sign Out: Disconnects the StarLeaf Scheduler from your linked Google Account. You can reconnect at anytime from the shortcut in your Chrome toolbar
To hide the shortcut, or remove the StarLeaf Scheduler from Chrome, right click on the StarLeaf icon in the Chrome toolbar.
When a meeting is scheduled, each participant receives a meeting invite by email which provides instructions for all the different ways of joining a StarLeaf video meeting:
- Using StarLeaf app
- From a web browser
- Using phone audio and browser video
- From a meeting room system (StarLeaf, Cisco, Polycom, etc.)
- From Skype for Business
Google Meet conference call details may be automatically added to all calendar events created by users.
G Suite administrators can disable this setting by following the instructions below.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Go to Apps > G Suite > Calendar.
- Go to Sharing settings.
- Under Video Calls, uncheck Automatically add video calls to events created by a user.