Scheduling using StarLeaf
Using Scheduling a meetingLast updated June 3, 2021
When you schedule a meeting, you can choose when your meeting takes place and who attends. Your invitees then receive email invites to your meeting.
To schedule a meeting:
- Go to the Today tab and select Schedule meeting:
You are then directed to the StarLeaf Portal in your browser where all meeting management takes place:
- Add a Title and Description. These are included in the meeting invites.
- Set a date and time for your meeting. If this meeting will happen on a regular basis, you can set the meeting to repeat.
- Add Participants and Meeting Rooms. You can invite anyone with an email address. If participants do not already have StarLeaf, the ‘invite’ email describes how to sign up as a guest or join using a browser. The invite also describes how to join your conference from any other standards-based video conferencing equipment and includes PSTN (telephone) numbers for audio-only participants.
- Configure any Advanced settings:
- Private meeting title: If a meeting is private only the name of the meeting organizer appears beside the word Meeting in public spaces such as on the Join button of a room system touchscreen controller. Only the meeting organizer can edit the meeting settings in the Portal. Administrators cannot edit private meetings in the Portal.
- If a meeting is set to public, both the name of the meeting and the meeting organizer are visible on the room system.
- The Time zone for the meeting
- The default Meeting layout. This can be overridden on an individual basis
- Whether you want the meeting to be Private on shared calendars and room systems
- Set whether you want the meeting to be a Spotlight meeting. For more information, see Spotlight meetings
- Choose how you want to the meeting to start under the Keep people on hold until dropdown
- If your organization has it enabled, tick Live stream to external platform to set up a broadcast of your meeting to a streaming provider such as YouTube. For more information, see Live streaming to external platform
- When you have finished setting up your meeting, click Apply at the bottom of the page.
A meeting invite is sent to all participants with instructions on how to join the meeting.
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user, you can also schedule a meeting directly in Outlook. To do so, you will need the StarLeaf Outlook add-in. For more information, refer to Outlook Add-in for Exchange Server.