Scheduling for Outlook Exchange Server
Using Scheduling a meetingLast updated June 19, 2020
The StarLeaf Scheduler is an add-in that allows Outlook users in an organization to schedule StarLeaf video meetings directly from their Outlook client. The scheduled meeting is visible, but not editable, on the StarLeaf Portal.
If you do not yet have a StarLeaf account, ask your administrator to create one or download the StarLeaf app and sign up.
In this topic:
To schedule a new StarLeaf meeting from your Outlook calendar:
- Select the StarLeaf Scheduler button on your Outlook calendar.
- Select Schedule meeting from the dropdown.
- Edit and complete the invitation fields.
- Select Send. A meeting invite is sent to all participants.
The StarLeaf Scheduler automatically checks your StarLeaf credentials. A new invitation appears. The invitation text is prepopulated with information about how to join the meeting.
When you create a meeting, there is window that displays some additional options that you can use for your meeting.
Record meeting: If your organization has purchased the recording solution, you can select record meeting. You will be able to download and view the meeting again.
Video layout: This determines the layout of the video panes for the speaker and meeting participants.
Spotlight: This feature is useful for large meetings where only one or a few people will be talking or presenting but where there are many participants who want to view and listen. In a Spotlight meeting, only the participants in spotlight are visible and audible by default in the meeting. Audience participants are muted.
- Download the StarLeaf Scheduler from here .
- Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Restart Outlook and open your calendar.
There is a new StarLeaf button in the Outlook ribbon:
To use the StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server, you must have a StarLeaf account. When you select the StarLeaf Scheduler button for the first time, the result may vary for different users.
To learn more, select the case below that best applies to you.
The StarLeaf Scheduler uses your credentials from when you signed into the StarLeaf app for Windows, and there is no need for any additional sign in.
The StarLeaf app launches and you will be prompted to sign in. The StarLeaf Scheduler then uses your credentials automatically, and there is no need for any additional sign in.
The StarLeaf app launches and you will be guided through a short process to create your StarLeaf account. For more information, go to Signing into the app.
After this, the StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server can use your StarLeaf credentials automatically, and there is no need for any additional sign in.
You are prompted to download the StarLeaf app and create your StarLeaf account. For more information, go to Signing into the app.
After this, the StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server can then use your StarLeaf credentials automatically, and there is no need for any additional sign in.
- You can invite meeting room systems to the video meeting. StarLeaf meeting room systems display a join button making it very easy for people to join their video meeting
- If you later want to update any of the meeting details (e.g. change the time of your meeting), you can do so by editing the meeting details in your Outlook calendar. All participants receive email updates
- To cancel a meeting, find the meeting details in your Outlook calendar and select Cancel meeting. All participants who accepted the meeting receive email updates informing them that the meeting is canceled
- To convert a regular Outlook meeting into a video meeting, open the meeting details and select schedule:
- Outlook 2010: If you are using this version of Outlook, and you create a repeating conference, you cannot later edit a single occurrence of that conference