Joining a conference
Using GTm FamilyLast updated July 19, 2017
There are two ways to join a conference call: join an ad hoc conference or join a scheduled conference.
If you are invited to a conference that is scheduled on the GTm, the details of that conference are listed on the GTm touchscreen controller. The details are shown on the Join Now button on the day of the scheduled conference. The behavior of the Join Now button varies depending on the details of the conference:
- If there are no scheduled conferences for the day, the Join Now button displays
- If there is a scheduled conference for the day, the Join Now button displays the name of the next conference and the time it starts
- If you receive invitations to two overlapping conferences, the details of the first conference due to start display on the Join Now button. When the first conference has ended, the details of the second conference display. To join the second conference at any time, dial the unique seven-digit direct number
- When the conference is due to take place in ten minutes or less, the Join Now button is lit green and, instead of the time, displays how many minutes until the conference is due to start
- When the conference starts, the Join Now button flashes. Anytime after the Join Now button lights green, you can click the button to join the conference
If a previously scheduled conference is deleted, the conference details are removed from the conference button.
Join Now behavior
The default message when there are no conferences scheduled.
|The message displayed when a conference has been scheduled for that day.|
|The message displayed when a scheduled conference is due to start.||The message displayed when a scheduled conference has started.|
When someone adds you to a call, this is known as an ad hoc conference; the call behaves in the same way as a direct call. You receive a notification on your home screen with the details of the person who is trying to contact you. To accept the call, select, and you are added directly to the conference.
If you do not want to join the conference, ignore or reject the call.