In-call conference control and icons
Using Conferencing and recordingLast updated April 11, 2017
In-call conference controls
When in a conference, the StarLeaf touchscreen controller and Breeze show conference controls on the in-call control panel. You will have access to these controls if you are:
- the conference owner in an ad hoc (QuickMeet) conference
- a participant in a scheduled conference
These controls are not available to participants who have dialed into a conference from outside an organization.
You can individually control (mute or remove) every participant in a conference. Participants who have been individually muted using these controls see a ‘you are muted’ notification. When there are five or more participants, the participant list becomes horizontally scrollable.
- : This prevents any more participants from joining this conference. Those that attempt to do so instead see a splashscreen telling them that the conference is locked
- : This control mutes all other participants in the conference. Participants muted in this way see a ‘you are muted’ notification
- : This control causes the conference to end and all participants to be disconnected from it. There is a confirmation dialog before the conference is ended
In-conference icons and counters
Audio-only and video-muted participants do not occupy a video pane in the conference layout. Instead, they are listed by name (or telephone number, or URI) with an icon indicating status. If a conference is being recorded, participants will see an icon indicating that recording is taking place.
|This is an audio-only participant|
|This participant has muted video|
|This is a video participant, but there are insufficient panes in the conference layout to display everyone in the conference|
|Conference participants who are being recorded are able to see a ‘recording in process indicator’. This is a red dot in the top right corner of the conference view|
The image below show the speaker-only layout. You can see the current speaker’s name at the bottom of the main pane with other participants listed by name in the top right with their status icons. The ‘recording in process indicator’ is also present. Where content is shared, the name of the participant or meeting room that is sharing is shown.