Scheduling for Google Calendar
Using Conferencing and recording How to schedule a meetingLast updated November 15, 2019
StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar is an integration that allows you to schedule StarLeaf meetings directly from your Google Calendar. It can be used to invite anyone to a meeting, even if they are not a Google Calendar user.
The StarLeaf Scheduler is available on Google Chrome and you can download it from the Chrome Web Store. In this topic:
- How to install the StarLeaf Scheduler
- Schedule a meeting from Google Calendar
- Using the StarLeaf Scheduler shortcut
- About meeting invites
- Integrating with StarLeaf rooms
- Go to the StarLeaf Scheduler page in the Chrome Web Store here.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension in the pop-up window.
- After the page has refreshed, go to the top right-hand corner and click on the StarLeaf icon in the Chrome toolbar.
- Click Connect.
- Choose an account to link the StarLeaf Scheduler to.
- Click on the information icon to learn more about StarLeaf permissions.
- Allow the StarLeaf Scheduler to access your Google Account to complete the installation.
- In your Google Calendar, click the Create button in the top left-hand corner.
- When the event window opens, choose the Schedule with StarLeaf button.
- Customize your meeting using the usual Google Calendar settings and features. Note that the text in your description box is pre-populated with details on how to join your StarLeaf meeting (this is fully editable).
- Click Save when you have finished creating your meeting.
- Choose whether you want to notify your guests by email.
- Your StarLeaf meeting will appear as a normal Google Calendar event. Right click on the event to edit or cancel it.
The StarLeaf Scheduler shortcut is an icon in the Google Chrome toolbar.
Here you can click on the StarLeaf icon to access the following features:
- Schedule Meeting: Opens a new tab and takes you directly to the create event pane in your Google Calendar (A StarLeaf meeting is automatically selected)
- Send Feedback: Sends you to your primary email app where you can provide StarLeaf with any feedback you may have
- Sign Out: Disconnects the StarLeaf Scheduler from your linked Google Account. You can reconnect by going to the StarLeaf Scheduler shortcut, clicking Connect, and then completing the installation process as outlined above
To hide the shortcut, or uninstall the StarLeaf Scheduler, right click on the StarLeaf icon in the Google Chrome toolbar.
When a meeting is scheduled, each participant receives a meeting invite by email which provides instructions for all the different ways of joining a StarLeaf video meeting:
- From a web browser
- Using phone audio and browser video
- From StarLeaf app
- From a meeting room system (StarLeaf, Cisco, Polycom, etc.)
- From Skype for Business
People who are scheduling meetings using the StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar will want to book meeting rooms for those meetings. To allow people to book both the room AND the StarLeaf room system (which lights up the Join now button and prevents the room from being double-booked), the StarLeaf Scheduler supports room resource calendar integration.
For each meeting room:
- Ask the Google admin to find the room resources page and make a note of the Google room resource account. This is an email address.
- Log in to the Starleaf Portal, go to Rooms, and on the Edit room page, enter the Google room resource account into the Email address field.
Note that if the Email address field is not visible, contact StarLeaf Support to enable it on your organization’s account.