How to schedule a meeting
Using Conferencing and recordingLast updated August 2, 2019
When you schedule a meeting, you will log in to the StarLeaf Portal. There, you can choose when your meeting takes place and who attends. Your attendees receive email invites to your meeting.
You can join scheduled meetings as soon as they are created and for up to four weeks after the scheduled end time. This is especially useful if you want to join a meeting early to be prepared.
To schedule a meeting:
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when
you activated your StarLeaf account)
- if you are a StarLeaf app user, go the Meetings tab in the app, select Schedule. This takes you to Meetings page in the StarLeaf Portal
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when you activated your StarLeaf account)
- Select Schedule meeting.
- Add a Title and Description. Meeting invite emails will include these details.
- If you want to record the meeting and your organization has purchased the recording solution, select Record meeting.
- Set the time and date for your meeting.
- Select a start and end time and date for your meeting
- Set a repeat if this meeting happens on a regular basis
- If this is a permanent meeting, select Permanent. The meeting never ends. It is a virtual meeting, that anyone can dial into at any time
- To invite people, type names into the Invitees field. Or, you can enter an email address. Everyone will receive an invite that describes the different ways to join your meeting.
- If there are Room systems in your organization, you can add one or more.
- If you want to configure settings such as meeting privacy and layout, select the Advanced settings drop-down.
- To schedule your meeting, select .
In the advanced settings drop-down, you can configure the meeting privacy, hold option, time zone, and video layout.
- Private: Check this box to create a private meeting.
If a meeting is private:
- only the name of the meeting organizer appears beside the word Meeting in public spaces such as on the Join button of a room system touchscreen controller
- only the meeting organizer can edit the meeting settings in the Portal. Administrators cannot edit private meetings in the Portal
If a meeting is set to public, both the name of the meeting and the meeting organizer are visible on the room system.
- Keep people on hold until: Use this setting to determine whether people are able to talk to each other before you join the meeting
- Time zone: If you are in a different time zone to the one displayed here, correct it. This ensures that invitees know the correct time for your meeting
- Layout : You can choose a layout for the meeting. Video layouts are described in Meeting layouts
If you are an Outlook or a Google Calendar user, you can schedule meetings directly in your calendar. Select a topic below to learn more.