How to schedule a meeting
Using Conferencing and recordingLast updated November 28, 2018
When you schedule a meeting, you will log in to the StarLeaf Portal. There, you can choose when your meeting takes place and who attends. Your attendees receive email invites to your meeting.
Attendees can join a scheduled meeting as soon as it is created and for up to four weeks after the scheduled end time.
To schedule a meeting:
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when
you activated your StarLeaf account)
- if you are a StarLeaf app user, select the plus icon and choose new meeting in the app. This takes you into the StarLeaf Portal
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when you activated your StarLeaf account)
- Go to Meetings > Schedule meeting.
You can see the Schedule meeting page:
- Add the details you require for Title and Description. These are included in the meeting invites.
- If your organization has purchased the recording solution, select Record meeting to record this meeting.
- Set the time and date for your meeting.
- Select a start and end time and date for your meeting
- Set a repeat if this meeting happens on a regular basis
- If this is a permanent meeting, select Permanent. The meeting never ends. It is a virtual meeting, that anyone can dial into at any time
- Add Participants by email address. Separate email addresses with commas. You can include anyone’s email address. If participants do not already have StarLeaf, the ‘invite’ email describes how to sign up as a guest or join using a browser. The invite also describes how to join your conference from any other standards-based video conferencing equipment and includes PSTN (telephone) numbers for audio-only participants.
- If there are Room systems in your organization, you can add one or more. This means that your participants know which meeting rooms are in the meeting if they want to walk along to the nearest one.
- If you want to configure settings such as meeting privacy and layout, select the Advanced settings drop-down.
- To schedule your meeting, select .
In the advanced settings drop-down, you can configure the meeting privacy, hold option, time zone, and video layout.
- Private: Check this box to create a private meeting. If a meeting is private:
- only the name of the meeting organizer appears beside the word ‘Meeting’ in public spaces such as on the Join button of a room system touchscreen controller
- only the meeting organizer can edit the meeting settings on the Portal. Administrators cannot edit private meetings on the Portal
If a meeting is non-private, both the name of the meeting and the meeting organizer are visible on the room system. By default, privacy is set to non-private.
- Keep people on hold until: Use this setting to determine whether people are able to talk to each other before you join the meeting
- Time zone: If you are in a different time zone to the one displayed here, correct it. This ensures that everyone to whom you send an invite knows the correct time for your meeting
- Layout : You can choose a layout for the meeting. Video layouts are described in Conference layouts
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user, you can also schedule a meeting directly in
Outlook. To do so, you will need the StarLeaf Outlook add-in. For more information, refer to