How to schedule a conference
Using Conferencing and recordingLast updated March 7, 2017
When you create a scheduled conference, you will log in to the StarLeaf Portal. There, you can choose when your conference takes place and who attends. Your attendees receive email invites to your conference.
To create a scheduled conference:
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when
you activated your StarLeaf account)
- if you are a Breeze user, choose on your Breeze display. This takes you into the StarLeaf Portal
- go to portal.starleaf.com and log in (using your email address and the password you created when you activated your StarLeaf account)
- Go to
- Add the details you require for Title and Description. These are included in the conference invites.
- If your organization has purchased the recording solution, select Record conference to record this conference.
- Set the time and date for your conference.
- Select a start and end time and date for your conference
- Set a repeat if this meeting happens on a regular basis
- If this is a permanent conference, select Permanent. The conference never ends. It is a virtual meeting, that anyone can dial into at any time
- Add Participants by email address. Separate email addresses with commas. You can include anyone’s email address. If participants do not already have StarLeaf, the ‘invite’ email describes how to sign up as a guest or join using a browser. The invite also describes how to join your conference from any other standards-based video conferencing equipment and includes PSTN (telephone) numbers for audio-only participants.
- If there are Room systems in your organization, you can add one or more. This means that your participants know which meeting rooms are in the conference if they want to walk along to the nearest one.
- Advanced settings:
- Keep people on hold until: Use this setting to determine whether people are able to talk to each other before you join the conference
- Time zone: If you are in a different time zone to the one displayed here, correct it. This ensures that everyone to whom you send an invite knows the correct time for your conference
- Layout : You can choose a layout for the conference. Conference layouts are described in Conference layouts
- Click .
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user, you can also schedule a conference directly in Outlook. To do so, you will need the StarLeaf Outlook plugin. For more information, refer to Outlook Plugin for users.