StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar
Thank you for participating in the StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar beta program.
StarLeaf for Google Calendar allows you to schedule video meetings directly from your Google Calendar. StarLeaf for Google Calendar can be used to invite anyone to a meeting, even if they are not a Google Calendar user.
On this page:
- How to schedule a meeting
- About meeting invites
- Integrating with StarLeaf rooms
- Release notes
- Known limitations
- How do I report an issue or send feedback?
To schedule a StarLeaf video meeting from your Google Calendar:
- Open Google Calendar in Chrome and ensure that you are signed in.
- Select one of the following:
- the StarLeaf icon beside the URL bar and Schedule Meeting
- the StarLeaf Scheduler button on the calendar
- Edit and complete the invite fields as you want them to appear.
- Select Save.
A meeting invite appears. The text of your invite is pre-populated with instructions on how to join the meeting.
You can invite people and a meeting room(s) to the meeting from Guests and Rooms.
Your meeting is scheduled and an invite is sent to all participants.
When a meeting is scheduled, each participant receives a meeting invite by email which provides instructions for all the different ways of joining a StarLeaf video meeting:
- From the StarLeaf app
- From a meeting room system (Cisco, Polycom, etc.)
- From Skype for Business
- From a web browser
- From a phone (audio-only)
People who are scheduling meetings using the StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar will want to book meeting rooms for those meetings. To allow people to book both the room AND the StarLeaf room system (which lights up the JoinNow button and prevents the room from being double-booked), the StarLeaf Scheduler supports room resource calendar integration.
For each meeting room:
- Ask the Google admin to find the room resources page and make a note of the Google room resource account. This is an email address.
- Log in to the Starleaf Portal, go to Rooms, and on the Edit room page, enter the Google room resource account into the Email address field.
Note that if the Email address field is not visible, contact StarLeaf Support to enable it on your organization’s account.
|SW-18597||The StarLeaf scheduling button in Google Calendar is no longer concealed when the Chrome sidebar expands. The button has also been realigned with Google Calendar’s ‘create event’ button|
|SLF-27||If you use the StarLeaf Google Calendar Extension to create a StarLeaf meeting and then you delete it before you complete and save it, the meeting remains in the Google Calendar and you must manually delete it (the meeting is deleted automatically in the StarLeaf Cloud)|
|SW-18611||On initial installation of the StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar, Chrome does not display your StarLeaf account details. These will appear if you reload the page and click on the StarLeaf icon in your Chrome toolbar|
|SLF-29||In the future, the scheduler will allow you to create a StarLeaf meeting from within a Google Calendar invite. This is in addition to the existing functionality of having the StarLeaf scheduling button on the calendar|
To send feedback about StarLeaf for Google Calendar, select the StarLeaf icon beside the URL bar in the Chrome menu and select Send Feedback.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to report issues or for general inquiries about the beta program.