StarLeaf for Microsoft Teams
StarLeaf for Teams delivers seamless integration between Teams instant messaging and the audio and video meeting experience of StarLeaf.
Select a topic below to learn more about using and installing Starleaf for Teams.
The StarLeaf for Microsoft Teams integration can be installed on individual teams in your client. When StarLeaf for Teams is installed on a team, you can type the command @StarLeaf in a team channel. This creates a StarLeaf meeting and everyone in the channel receives a message which contains information on the different ways to join the meeting, for example, with the StarLeaf app, from a StarLeaf room system, with Skype for Business, or on a telephone.
Each Teams channel has an associated permanent StarLeaf meeting. This ensures that, where there is more than one channel, participants join the correct meeting and this operates as a permanent space for collaboration.
Follow the instructions below to Enable StarLeaf for Teams in the Portal and to Install StarLeaf for Teams in your Microsoft Teams client.
- In the Portal, go to Integrations > Add integration.
- Under Type, select StarLeaf for Microsoft Teams.
- Select Apply and take note of the access token that is generated.
- Log in to your Microsoft Teams client.
- Select the more options icon (three dots) beside the team that you want to add the integration to.
- Select Manage team.
- Go to the Apps tab and select More apps.
- In the Search all field, type StarLeaf and select the StarLeaf app.
- Select Install in the window that appears.
- Select the channel you want to install StarLeaf for Teams in and select Set up.
- Type setup <access token> as shown below and select send.
- Go back to the team channel and type @StarLeaf .
(Do not copy and paste. You must type this out in the message field).
The StarLeaf for Teams bot starts a private chat.
This command creates a StarLeaf meeting and posts the joining information in the channel for all participants to see.