StarLeaf file sharing beta program
Thank you for participating in the StarLeaf app file sharing beta program.
File sharing beta is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
On this page:
- Minimum app versions required
- How to share files in the StarLeaf app
- How to view a shared file in the StarLeaf app
- Supported file types and sizes
- How to view your cloud storage
- Improvements and bug fixes
- Known limitations
- How do I report an issue or send feedback?
The minimum app versions required for file sharing are:
To check what version of the app you currently have, go to Account > About in your app.
If you are not on the minimum version or later, please update your app in the App Store or Google Play Store.
The example below shows how to share files in the StarLeaf app for iOS.
- From your StarLeaf app, go to Chats and select the person or group you wish to send a file to.
- Select the paperclip icon beside Type a message.
- Select either Camera, Photos, or Files to search for a file.
- Select the file when you have located it.
- Add a caption or message to your file (optional).
- Select the send button. Your file is sent.
When you receive a file from another user in the StarLeaf app, it appears in your chat with that user (or group).
Select the cloud icon in the middle of the file to download and view it.
File sharing in the StarLeaf app supports all types of files – images (e.g. JPG, PNG, & GIF), videos (e.g. MP4, AVI) and documents (e.g. PDF, DOC, & DOCX).
The maximum file size that can be shared is 1GB.
As shown in the image above, file size and type are displayed on the image in the bottom left and right-hand corners.
To view your cloud storage allowance and usage:
- In the app, go to Account.
- Select Current plan.
There are three headings under Your cloud storage:
- Allowance: the total storage allowance for your organization
- Remaining: the total storage remaining and available to use by your organization
- You are using: the storage amount that only you are using
Improvements and bug fixes effective from August 2018:
|StarLeaf on iOS|
The file size and type are now shown on received images that are not yet downloaded
|StarLeaf on Android|
|16589||It is now possible to save files exchanged in the app to your device. To do this, go to a chat conversation in your app, press and hold a file and select Save to device|
It is now possible to share files exchanged in the app using other apps on your device (without saving the file to your device first). This can be done in two ways from a chat conversation in your app:
Press and hold a file and select Share. Then select the app you wish to use to share the file
Open a file, select the share icon as shown below. Then select the app you wish to use to share the file
|17396||It is not yet possible to delete files from the app|
|17398||In Your cloud storage, the Remaining storage amount only changes when your organization has used 100MB or more|
- In the app, go to Account.
- Select Send feedback. This opens an email template and uploads call logs to StarLeaf support.
- Use the template to tell us about your experience with the app.
Please copy email@example.com in your email to StarLeaf support. You can also use firstname.lastname@example.org to report less urgent or general inquiries.