Add users in the StarLeaf Portal
You can manually add individual users in the StarLeaf Management Portal. This method might be useful to test a subset of users. You can decide to use Azure AD for user management at a later stage if you want to.
To add a user in the StarLeaf Management Portal:
- Go to the Users tab in the Portal, and click Add user.
- Fill out the following essential user information:
- Email address: A user’s email address is the unique identifier for that user. The user receives an activation email to this email address. The email address is also a video address that any other StarLeaf user can dial to reach this user.
- First name and Last name: A user’s first and last name are displayed in their StarLeaf app and are used for communication and meeting invite emails.
- Mobile, Work, and/or Home number: You must add at least a mobile number for each user so that StarLeaf Standby can send broadcast messages and meeting invites by SMS to users during a failover.
- Administrator for this organization: If enabled, this user has administrator privileges including the ability to add and edit users in the Portal, and view the details of all meetings and call detail records.
- Video layout for ad hoc meetings: Configure the default video layout for the user when they enter an ad hoc meeting. They can override this layout in the meeting using the in-call controls. Go to Meeting layouts for more information.
The remaining settings such as Time zone and Video layout for ad hoc meetings are optional.
- Click Apply at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
All added users can be viewed, removed, or edited in the Users tab in the Portal.