Spotlight meetings beta program
Thank you for participating in the Spotlight meetings beta program. On this page:
- About Spotlight meetings
- How to schedule a Spotlight meeting
- How to start a Spotlight meeting
- Spotlight meeting controls
In a Spotlight meeting, a chosen participant (or participants) is added to spotlight by the meeting organizer as shown in the participants panel below. Anyone who is not added to spotlight by the meeting organizer remains in the audience.
Only the participants in spotlight are visible and audible by default in the meeting. Audience participants are muted.
This feature is useful for large meetings where only one or a few people will be talking or presenting but where there are many participants who want to view and listen.
When you schedule a meeting in the Portal there is an optional setting that makes your meeting a Spotlight meeting when you select it. To do this, schedule a meeting:
- In your StarLeaf app, find the plus icon and select New meeting OR
- Complete the meeting detail fields.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Tick the box beside Spotlight mode.
- Select OK to schedule your Spotlight meeting.
Go to Portal > Meetings > Schedule meeting.
The meeting organizer must add at least one participant to spotlight to start the meeting. If no one is added to spotlight, all audience participants will remain on the waiting screen.
To start a Spotlight meeting as a meeting organizer:
- Join the meeting.
- Select the Add to spotlight button beside the participant you want to add to spotlight as shown below. This moves the participant from the audience into spotlight and the meeting automatically starts.
If you are the meeting organizer, you have specific controls that other participants do not. These controls are described below.
|Add a participant to the meeting. If someone has not been invited or not joined the meeting, you can search for them in your directory and add them using this control.|
|Add a participant to spotlight. When you add someone to spotlight, this makes them visible and audible to everyone in the meeting.|
|Remove a participant from spotlight. This places the person into the audience and mutes them.|
|Remove a participant from the meeting. This disconnects the participant from the meeting.|
For information about standard in-call meeting controls such as locking and ending the meeting, go to In-call meeting controls