Edit your organization’s account
Managing StarLeaf Admin PortalLast updated September 24, 2021
In this topic:
- Edit organization details
- Edit location settings
- Account settings
- Storage, recording and live streaming
- Advanced settings
- Meeting settings
- Feature availability
Go to the Edit organization page on your Admin Portal:
The Organization reference is the number that StarLeaf has assigned as your organization’s unique identifier.
The Organization prefix is your organization’s dialing prefix and has two purposes:
- StarLeaf uses the organization prefix to create an External video address for each user. If there are people outside your organization who have video endpoints made by 3rd-party manufacturers, they are able to dial a user’s External video address (visible on each user’s page in the Portal and also in StarLeaf app settings or through the touchscreen controller of a hardware endpoint)
- If your organization owns 3rd party H.323 endpoints and you want to register these with StarLeaf, the H.323 ID or name that you allocate to that endpoint uses the organization prefix in combination with your subdomain name and that endpoint’s directory number
Your organization’s account page is pre-populated with your organization details. When you have finished editing, click Apply at the bottom of the page.
- : The name of your company
- <subdomain>.call.sl to make and receive calls to and from third-party devices. For more information about video addresses, refer to StarLeaf video addresses : The name of your subdomain for external calls from H.323/SIP/Skype. StarLeaf assigns the customer
- example.com, starleaf.com. If any user sends a StarLeaf app invite to someone who appears (by the email address) to belong to your organization, that guest is automatically added to your account as a user. You can leave this field empty, however, StarLeaf recommends that email domains are entered where possible to avoid users from within your organization being allocated guest user accounts : Enter any corporate domains that you own and use to send emails. This is so that StarLeaf can recognize when a user invites, as a guest, someone who appears to be part of your organization. Include the whole domain name, for example:
- Request additional email domains: Opens a draft email to StarLeaf Support, to request any other email domains that you want to have as part of your organization. All organizations must go through an email verification process for additional domains to be added. When someone signs in to StarLeaf for the first time, with an email domain linked to your organization, they are automatically added as a user in your organization. For more information, see Create a user account
You can configure location-specific settings (such as default timezone, or default language) from the Sites tab. For more information on sites and location-specific settings, go to Sites.
In Account settings, you can enter the Licence Management Email Address. When a user requests an upgrade to their plan, this email address will be used to contact the person in the organization who is responsible for purchasing licenses.
For information on storage and recording, go to Recording and streaming permissions.
For information on live streaming, go to Live streaming requirements.
Open the Advanced settings drop down menu to configure more settings. When you have finished editing, click Apply at the bottom of the page.
- Email addresses for endpoint notifications: StarLeaf can send email notifications about the state of hardware endpoints that are registered with the StarLeaf platform. Enter the email addess(es) to which StarLeaf will send endpoint notifications. For each endpoint about which you require notifications, select Enable endpoint notifications (on the Edit user/Edit room system page)
- : You can enable PIN protection of your StarLeaf hardware endpoints. If you enable this, you are not able to change the configuration settings through the touchscreen controller unless you enter the correct PIN. This is an organization-wide setting and affects all StarLeaf endpoints in the organization
- Automatically notify users added in the Portal, or through an integration, by email: Check to allow StarLeaf to automatically email new users that you have added through the Portal, or that have been added by an integration. The email explains how to download the StarLeaf app
- Automatically notify the administrator by email that a person was invited to use StarLeaf and will be added to the admin’s organization when they sign in: Check this box to allow StarLeaf to automatically notify your organization admins when a user is added to your organization through the portal or an integration
- Automatically assign new users a host licence if one is available: If you have not allocated all available licenses to users in your organization, spare licenses will be automatically assigned to new users when they join your StarLeaf organization. For more information on assigning host licenses, see here
Open the Meeting settings drop down menu to configure more settings. When you have finished editing, click Apply at the bottom of the page.
- Meeting scheduler: Select your organization’s primary meeting scheduler application
For more information, go to Meeting layouts
: Choose the layout that is the organization’s default layout for meetings (both scheduled and ad hoc). Individual users can choose a different layout if they prefer.
- Default meeting privacy: Set the default privacy for new meetings. Private meetings will have their name only visible to attendees. The meeting name will be hidden from meeting room displays and call detail records
- Recording control permissions: For more information, see Recording control permissions and storage.
- Enable smart layouts: Enable or disable the use of smart layouts for all users and room systems in the organization. Smart layouts prevent video, content, and/or self-view panes from overlapping each other. The use of smart layouts can also be overridden on a per-user and per-room basis. To do so, go to the Edit user and Edit room system pages
Open the Feature availability dropdown menu to enable and disable features. Depending on what your organization has purchased, this list of features may vary.