Create a user account
Managing StarLeaf Admin PortalLast updated November 19, 2021
Every user registered to your StarLeaf organization appears on the Users page in your Admin Portal.
In this topic:
Users are added to your StarLeaf organization in four ways:
- A user has downloaded and signed into the StarLeaf app. StarLeaf can match new users in your organization to your domain when they log in using their work email address. If you have told StarLeaf technical support that you want new users in your organization to receive the app, StarLeaf automatically adds these new users to your StarLeaf account and you will see them on the Users page in the Portal
- An API client has created the user account. Some StarLeaf customers create their own applications that can, for example, create users and schedule conferences.
For more information, refer to Using the Cloud API
- You have integrated your StarLeaf account with Okta, OneLogin, and Azure AD for user synchronization. In this case, the integration will add users to your account and although you can view them in the Portal, you cannot edit users there.
For more information, refer to Integrating with Okta
- You have added a user to StarLeaf by creating a user account in the Portal. In this case, the user will receive an activation email which tells them how to download the app
Users with a company email domain address can add themselves to the organization if they download and sign into StarLeaf for desktop or mobile . Where you need to add users with non-matching email domains to your organization, follow the procedure below.
To add a user:
- Go to the Users tab in your Admin Portal, and click Add user.
- Fill out the following user information:
- Email address: A user’s email address is the unique identifier for that user. The user receives an activation email to this email address. The user is not able to change the email address and uses it to log in to the Portal to create scheduled meetings. The email address is a video address that any other StarLeaf user can dial to reach this user
- First and Last name: A user’s first and last name are displayed on the StarLeaf device. The names are also used in the directory, in voice and videomail, and when inviting people to meetings and in invites to use StarLeaf app
- Optional contact details: Mobile, Work, and Home numbers. If specified, these appear in the company address book. It is useful to add cell numbers because when you join a StarLeaf scheduled conference from your mobile phone, StarLeaf will recognize you and your name will automatically display
- Enable video mail: Select if this user has access to voice and video mail
- Administrator for this organization: If enabled, this user has administrator privileges including the ability to add and edit users, view the details of all meetings and call detail records.
- User license type: If your organization uses host licenses, select which type of license this user has. For more information, see Manage host licenses
- Optional overrides for language and time zone. You configure the default language and time zone on the . Changing the language in the Portal does not affect the StarLeaf app. The app copies the language settings of the user’s device (mobile or desktop). Note that the time zone setting is used for StarLeaf devices and for StarLeaf voice and video messages
- Video layout for ad hoc meetings: Configure the default video layout for the user when they enter an ad hoc meeting. They can override this layout in the meeting using the in-call controls. Go to Meeting layouts for more information.
- Optionally configure advanced settings for the user, such as the preferred Meeting scheduler:
- Click Apply at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
Connection from your StarLeaf endpoints to the public telephone network is an optional extra customization. For more information, contact your StarLeaf representative.
To make an existing user in your organization an admin:
- Go to the Users page in your Admin Portal.
- Click the icon in the row of the user who you want to make an admin.
- Tick Administrator for this organization:
- Click Apply at the bottom of the page.
You can also make an admin by creating them as a new user, and assigning them as an Administrator for this organization at the time.
To view, assign, or remove host licenses among your users:
- Go to StarLeaf Portal > Customer / My organization
- Select Users.
- Click on the license icon beside a user to assign or remove it.
In the License field, you can see host licenses in green that have been assigned to specific users. The total number of used and available licenses is also shown.
You can also edit a specific user’s license details on the Edit user page.
For more information on host plans and licenses, see Manage host licenses.
To remove an endpoint from a given user’s profile, follow the instructions for deprovisioning in Delete or disable a user.