Meeting room management
Managing GTm Family MaestroLast updated May 30, 2017
Adding a room
Within the Meeting Rooms menu, the room overview table is populated with any meeting rooms that have been set up. If you have not yet set up any meeting rooms, this table is empty.
To add a meeting room:
- Click the Add Room button on the bottom-right of the overview table.
The Add Room dialog opens.
- Enter the name of the meeting room in the Room name field.
This is not the Skype for Business display name. To change the display name that appears on the GTm, you need to change this within Skype for Business.
- From the Location dropdown menu, select the location of the meeting room or select Default. If you have not yet set up any locations, you can select Default and then return to set the location later. For more information on setting up locations refer to Adding a location.
- Enter the Sign-In Address. This is the Skype address for the endpoint in the meeting room.
- Enter the Username associated with the address, if any. You can choose to leave this blank if you are a Microsoft Office 365 user.
- Enter the Password for the Skype address account.
- Select the model: either GTm 5140 or GTm 5250.
- Click Add Room.
The room is added to the room overview table.
On-premise Lync/Skype for Business users must enter the sign-in address, username, and password.
Managing a room
When you have added your meeting rooms to the room overview table, you can manage them at any time by clicking the Manage button that appears to the right of the room entry. This takes you to the room information page. This displays the meeting room name, location, and endpoint configuration settings. It also allows you to change the firmware version for the endpoint, download diagnostics, and reboot the endpoint.
- To edit the name or location of the meeting room, click the Edit button that appears to the right of the room name
- To change the firmware version for the GTm endpoint, select the version from the dropdown menu within Room Management then click Change Firmware Version
- To reboot the meeting room endpoint, click Reboot within Room Management
- To download diagnostics for the endpoint, click Download Diagnostics
The diagnostics log may be required by StarLeaf support in order to help you troubleshoot any issues you experience
- To delete the room, effectively deprovisioning the endpoint assigned to it, click Delete
The QuickConnect code is displayed in the meeting room until the endpoint is connected. Once the endpoint is connected, the QuickConnect code isn’t shown, but the serial number, MAC address, firmware version, and password are displayed under Info.
Changing the endpoint settings
When you are managing a meeting room, click the Edit button that appears to the right of Settings. All the options under the Settings tabs become editable.
For a brief description of the editable settings, refer to the list below:
- General tab
- Language: the language presented on the GTm endpoint
- Timezone: the timezone in which the meeting room is located
- Skype tab
- Sign-In Address: the Skype for Business address for the endpoint
- Username: the username associated with the sign-in address, if any
- Password: the password for the sign-in address
- Automatic Connection Settings: if enabled, the connection settings connect automatically where possible. If you cannot or do not want to connect automatically, disabling this setting allows you to set the Internal Server Name and External Server Name
- Audio tab – if the room’s endpoint is a GTm 5250
- Microphone selection:
If you have connected a StarLeaf microphone, ensure StarLeaf XLR microphones is selected. If you have connected a third-party XLR microphone, select
Third-party microphones. If you have connected a microphone or a microphone mixer to the Line In connector,
select Line In
Additional settings exist for each microphone option
- Microphone selection: If you have connected a StarLeaf microphone, ensure StarLeaf XLR microphones is selected. If you have connected a third-party XLR microphone, select Third-party microphones. If you have connected a microphone or a microphone mixer to the Line In connector, select Line In
- Camera tab
- Frequency: when you have connected a camera to the codec, adjust the power line Frequency setting
- QoS tab
- If you have QoS configured on your network, you can configure the GTm 5250 with the relevant settings and enable traffic shaping
- Exchange tab
- Copy Skype For Business Credentials: if your credentials for Exchange and Skype for Business are not the same, you can choose to copy the credentials, otherwise you need to specify the Email address, Username, and Password
- Enable Autodiscovery: if enabled, configuration settings are automatically discovered. If you cannot or do not want to configure this automatically, disabling this setting allows you to set the EWS URL
- Touch Panel tab
- Interface: switch between the Classic StarLeaf GTm interface and the Skype for Business interface. Functionally, these two interfaces are the same
- Lock Touch Panel: lock the touchscreen controller and set a 4-digit unlock PIN
- Enable ECAPI: if you want to enable the use of the API, an ECAPI Key is provided. This is a 32-character key specific to the endpoint
- Certificates tab: select the certificate from the list to be used for the room. If no certificates have been added in the Certificates menu, this list is empty
The status of the endpoint in the room is shown in the room overview table and, if disconnected or new, in the meeting room page as well. The possible status options for a room are:
- New Room – the room has been set up but the quick-connect code hasn’t been entered into the endpoint
- OK – the room has been set up and the endpoint provisioned; the room is functioning normally
- Disconnected – the endpoint in this room has been disconnected and is currently unusable
When the endpoint in a room displaying the New Room or Disconnected badge is completely provisioned or reconnected, the status changes to OK.