Demo/unmanaged GTm configuration
Managing GTm FamilyLast updated September 17, 2018
- On the GTm touchscreen controller, press the settings button to view settings and the IP address.
- In a web browser, navigate to the IP address of the GTm and click on the settings link under Status.
lists what firmware version you currently have and allows you to update the endpoint.
- Enter the URL for the firmware version into the text box.
- Click Upgrade to download the latest version from the StarLeaf server if it can (if it has access to the public Internet).
This information is for GTm 5250 and 5140 when in demo/unmanaged mode.
If you are using an unmanaged GTm configuration, that is, you are not managing your GTm endpoints through the Maestro management platform, you need to change the configuration settings for each GTm you have separately, from the web interface.
- Click on the settings link under Status and go to
The GTm signs in to the Skype for Business/Lync server:
These credentials are for the GTm endpoint but do not PIN protect the touchscreen controller. The credentials can be used to protect the web interface settings, unless these credentials have been manually changed under the Exchange Web Services section.
. Type the authentication details of the new user account and select changes.
Microsoft Office 365 users must enter the sign-in address and password. On-premise Lync/Skype for Business users must enter sign-in address, username, and password.
- Specify the Standby timeout in settings. You can choose to either disable the timeout, or set it to five minutes.
- Specify the StarLeaf Touch user interface style in
- If your deployment has an on-premise Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business server, upload the required certificate authority to connect
to your deployment. To do this, go to
- Choose the NTP Server you would like to use to set the internet time or specify your own under the .
- By default, the
These credentials are only to unlock the web interface for the GTm. The Skype for Business credentials are still required for the GTm endpoint itself.
use the same credentials as the Skype for Business login for the GTm endpoint. If you want to use different credentials to lock the web interface, deselect the Use same as credentials Skype for Business option and specify the email address, username, and password that you want to use instead.
If you are configuring a GTm 5250, you can also adjust the audio settings. Go toonce you have connected one of the following:
- StarLeaf microphones:
If you have connected a StarLeaf microphone, ensure StarLeaf XLR microphones is selected.
Note that any audio played to Line in connector (PC audio for example) is also mixed with the microphone and sent
to anyone you call. You are able to alter the Line in gain:
- Third-party XLR microphones: If you have connected a third-party XLR microphone, select
You can control phantom power, echo cancellation and gain for the microphone.
Refer to the documentation that accompanied the third-party microphone for
information about what is required. Note that any audio played to Line in
connector (PC audio for example) is also mixed with the microphone and
sent to anyone you call. You are able to alter the
Line in gain:
- Microphones connected to Line-In:
If you have connected a microphone or a microphone mixer to the Line In connector,
select Line In. You can control echo cancellation and
gain for the microphone. Refer to the documentation that accompanied the third-party
microphone for information about what is required: