Meeting and scheduling: Portal settings
Managing Conferencing and recording for adminsLast updated September 11, 2020
There are meeting and scheduling settings that admins can configure for their organization, from the StarLeaf Portal.
To view these settings in the Portal, go to your organization and select Edit organization > Advanced settings.
Here you can set the default meeting privacy for your organization to private or public.
If a meeting is private:
- only the name of the meeting organizer appears beside the word Meeting in public spaces such as on the Join button of a room system touchscreen controller
- only the meeting organizer can edit the meeting settings in the Portal. Administrators cannot edit private meetings in the Portal
If a meeting is set to public, both the name of the meeting and the meeting organizer are visible on the room system.
As an admin, you can choose to hide all meeting titles on a per room basis. In the StarLeaf Portal, go to Room systems > Edit room system > Hide meeting titles.
Only the name of the meeting organizer appears beside the word Meeting on the touchscreen controller of a room system with the hide meeting titles setting enabled.
Every organization has a default video layout for meetings.
To change the default meeting layout for your organization:
- Go to My organization > Edit organization > Meeting settings.
- Click on the layout you want for Video only and Single-screen smart layouts:
- Click Apply.
This will be the default video layout for new, ad hoc, and scheduled meetings for your organization. You can change this at any time, by following the same steps as above.
Even with a default meeting layout set, individual users can still override this:
- Ad hoc meetings: users can choose a different layout for all their ad hoc meetings in the StarLeaf Portal > My profile
(refer to Edit your own profile)
- Scheduled meetings: user can choose a different layout when they schedule a meeting (refer to How to schedule a meeting)
- During a meeting: StarLeaf endpoint users can override the video layout and choose a different layout just for their own view
You can choose to enable or disable Smart Layouts for your organization. Smart Layouts is a feature that applies to single-screen room systems only.
To enable Smart Layouts:
- Go to Edit organization > Meeting settings.
- Select Enabled under Enable smart layouts.
- Click Apply.
You can disable Smart Layouts by going to the same drop down menu, and selecting Disabled.
Smart Layouts default settings can also be applied on a per-room basis in the Portal.
When you choose a layout setting for an individual room system, this overrides the organization default setting.
To change a room system’s default layout for meetings:
- In the Portal, go to Room systems
- Select the edit icon beside the room system of which you want to change the layout settings
- Select the Advanced settings dropdown
- Under Enable Smart Layouts override, select Enabled or Disabled
This is an option to disable certain methods of scheduling meetings in favor of one. Depending on your organization, people may use one or a mixture of the following schedulers to create and manage StarLeaf meetings:
- StarLeaf Portal
- StarLeaf Scheduler for Office 365
- StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server
- StarLeaf Scheduler for Google Calendar
In the Portal, you can choose which scheduler all users in the organization must use to schedule meetings. When users select New meeting in the StarLeaf app, they will be directed to the appropriate scheduler.
If users go to schedule a meeting in the Portal when the policy option does now allow this, they will receive instructions on which scheduler to proceed with as shown below.
For more information about the different StarLeaf Schedulers available, go to How to schedule a meeting.