Create a new customer
Managing Cloud StarLeaf Portal for resellersLast updated March 3, 2017
- From your reseller landing page, select
- You need to provide customer information and note some account settings:
- : The customer account name
- <subdomain>.call.sl to make and receive calls to and from third-party devices : The name of the customer’s chosen subdomain for external calls from H.323/SIP/Skype for Business. The Cloud assigns the customer
- : Enter any corporate domains that this customer owns and uses for the sending and receiving of emails. In this way, any Breeze invites that are sent to people who appear (by their email address) to be part of this organization can be treated accordingly. Do not enter any domains that the customer does not own, for example, do not enter gmail.com
- show all time zones if necessary). For large countries (United States for example), you also need to select the Area : The main geographical location for the customer. The Cloud uses this to determine which data center hosts this customer. The Cloud also filters the time zone drop-down when you choose a location (but you can select to
- : Choose the time zone that is the default time zone for this customer’s users. Note that individual users can have their own time zone
- Choose the language that is the default for this customer’s StarLeaf endpoints and users. Note that individual users can have their own language settings
- Account settings: For a billed account, the license information for this customer is displayed including any conference licenses and recording licenses
- : When you first create a customer account it is a trial account. StarLeaf can upgrade the account to a billed account
- : The creation date/renewal date for this account
- : The number of usage licenses available to this customer
- : The maximum number of users that you can add to this customer’s account
- : If this customer has purchased StarLeaf Encore recording, the details of the recording subscription will be displayed here
- Advanced settings:
- : You can enable PIN protection of your StarLeaf hardware endpoints. If you enable this, you are not able to change the configuration settings through the touchscreen controller unless you enter the correct PIN. This is an organization-wide setting and affects all StarLeaf endpoints in the organization
Conference layouts are described in Conference layouts: Choose the layout that is the organization’s default layout for ad hoc and scheduled conferences. Individual users can choose a different layout if they prefer.
- Power line frequency: The power line frequency for this organization. Altering this setting can eliminate camera flicker from fluorescent lights. Do not change this setting unless you are experiencing flicker
- Acknowledge the StarLeaf terms and conditions.
New account information
Organization reference and Organization prefix
When you view customer account details, you see each organization is allocated anand an .
These are automatically generated by the Cloud.
Theis a unique identifier for this organization.
Theis the dialing prefix for the organization and has two purposes:
- The Cloud uses the organization prefix to create an External video address for each user. If there are people outside your organization who have video endpoints made by 3rd-party manufacturers, they are able to dial a user’s External video address. Users are provided with their External video address in their provisioning email
- If the organization owns 3rd party H.323 endpoints and you register these with the StarLeaf Cloud, the H.323 ID or name that you allocate to that endpoint uses the organization prefix in combination with your subdomain name and that endpoint’s directory number
Customer accounts have their first 13 users automatically displayed as favorites (speed dials) on the StarLeaf device display of every user on that customer account. Each user can configure their own personal speed dials. They can delete the speed dials that are automatically assigned.
All customers are able to create conferences. The number of concurrent conferences that a customer can have is controlled by conference licenses.
Telephone networks (PSTN/SIP trunks)
Connections to PSTN and SIP trunks are considered to be customizations to customer accounts. To find out more about PSTN or SIP trunk connections for a customer, contact StarLeaf technical support.