Create a user account
Managing Cloud Cloud basicsLast updated May 9, 2017
Adding user information
To add a user:
- Go to
- Provide the following user information:
- Email address: A user’s email address is the unique identifier for that user. The user receives an activation email to this email address. The user is not able to change the email address and uses it to log in to the Portal to create scheduled conferences. The email address is a video address that any other StarLeaf user can dial to reach this user
- First and Last name: A user’s first and last name are displayed on the StarLeaf device. The names are also used in the directory, in voice and videomail, and when sending invites to conferences and invites to use StarLeaf Breeze
- Optional contact details: Cell, Work, and Home numbers. If specified, these appear in the company address book
- Enable video mail: Select if this user has access to voice and video mail
- Administrator for this organization: If enabled, this user has administrator privileges including the ability to add and edit users, view conferences, call detail records, etc
- Optional overrides for language and time zone. Note time zone is used for StarLeaf devices and for StarLeaf voice and video messages. You configure the default language and time zone on the
Connection from your StarLeaf endpoints to the public telephone network is an optional extra customization. For more information, contact your StarLeaf representative.
Provisioning users with endpoints
Provisioning a user means that you allocate a user with an endpoint or endpoints. This may or may not include the StarLeaf soft endpoint: StarLeaf Breeze.
You can provision endpoints on thepage.
Removing an endpoint from a user profile
To remove an endpoint from a given user’s profile, follow the instructions for deprovisioning in Delete a user.
- Layout for QuickMeet conferences: Choose the conference layout that this user uses when creating a QuickMeet (ad hoc) conference. Conference layouts are described in Conference layouts