About guest invites
Managing Cloud Cloud basicsLast updated July 19, 2017
Guest invites allow StarLeaf users to invite guests to video call them using either their browser or by installing Breeze (the StarLeaf software endpoint). In this way, a StarLeaf user can have a video call with anyone.
Guest invites are included in the StarLeaf Cloud service at no extra cost for StarLeaf users. StarLeaf does not limit users on the number of guest invitations.
To send a guest invite, a user simply choosesfrom the home screen of a StarLeaf endpoint. Alternatively, you can add a guest email address to the list of participants when creating a scheduled conference.
If an invite is sent to a person who appears (by email address domain) to be associated with your organization, you are notified. In this case, the guest is added automatically to your organization. Note that this auto-adding feature can be disabled if required.
- A user, in this case Anne Duffy, chooses to send an invite by selecting
- Anne then types the email of the person she wants to invite and selects .
- The invited person receives an email that explains the invite. The invite includes:
- The invited person can either use the click-to-call link or complete a short sign up form and download Breeze.
Alternatively, they can call the user directly using the dialing instructions provided.
For more information refer to Dialing from third-party endpoints, below, or How to call between H.323 / SIP and StarLeaf endpoints.
The guest invite also provides a link to detailed instructions for how to dial the inviter from a third-party endpoint. This means that the guest has a choice: call from a browser, download Breeze, or use existing video-conferencing equipment to call the inviter. The instructions cover a range of third-party manufacturers, for example, Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize, Sony, Radvision, Avaya, Skype for Business. The picture below shows an example of the instructions, for dialing this specific user:
- The inviter and the guest appear in each other’s personal contacts
- The guest automatically has a speed dial for the person who sent the invite
- The inviter receives an email notification that the guest has signed up and logged in successfully
- Guests can video call and screen-share in HD with StarLeaf users
- Guests can join video conferences created by StarLeaf users
- Guests cannot call or be called from non-StarLeaf users (H.323 or SIP)
- Guests cannot create a video conference
- Guests do not have access to the company directory or presence information
- Guests can send invitations to other people