Create a user account
Managing Cloud basicsLast updated October 24, 2018
You can view StarLeaf user accounts in the Portal. The Cloud creates these accounts in four ways:
- You have added a user to the Cloud by creating a user account in the Portal. In this case, the user will receive an activation email which tells them how to download the app
- An API client has created the user account. Some StarLeaf customers create their own applications that can, for example, create users and schedule conferences.
For more information, refer to Using the Cloud API
- A user has downloaded and signed into the StarLeaf app. The StarLeaf Cloud can match new users in your organization to your domain when they log in using their email address. If you have told StarLeaf technical support that you want new users in your organization to receive the app, the Cloud automatically adds these new users to your StarLeaf account and you will see them on the Users page in the Portal
- You have integrated your StarLeaf account with Okta for user synchronization. In this case, the integration will add users to your account and although you can view them in the Portal, you cannot edit users there.
For more information, refer to Integrating with Okta
Users can add themselves to the organization by downloading and signing into the StarLeaf app. Where you need to add users with non-matching email domains to your organization, follow the procedure below.
To add a user:
- Go to
- Provide the following user information:
- Email address: A user’s email address is the unique identifier for that user. The user receives an activation email to this email address. The user is not able to change the email address and uses it to log in to the Portal to create scheduled meetings. The email address is a video address that any other StarLeaf user can dial to reach this user
- First and Last name: A user’s first and last name are displayed on the StarLeaf device. The names are also used in the directory, in voice and videomail, and when inviting people to meetings and in invites to use StarLeaf Breeze
- Optional contact details: Cell, Work, and Home numbers. If specified, these appear in the company address book. It is useful to add cell numbers because when you join a StarLeaf scheduled conference from your cell phone, StarLeaf Cloud will recognize you and your name will automatically display
- Enable video mail: Select if this user has access to voice and video mail
- Administrator for this organization: If enabled, this user has administrator privileges including the ability to add and edit users, view the details of all meetings, call detail records, etc
- Optional overrides for language and time zone. You configure the default language and time zone on the . Changing the language in the Portal also changes the language in Breeze but does not affect the StarLeaf app. The app copies the language settings of the user’s device (mobile or desktop). Note that the time zone setting is used for StarLeaf devices and for StarLeaf voice and video messages
Connection from your StarLeaf endpoints to the public telephone network is an optional extra customization. For more information, contact your StarLeaf representative.
Provisioning a user means that you allocate a user with an endpoint or endpoints. This may or may not include the StarLeaf app.
You can provision endpoints on thepage.
StarLeaf Breeze will no longer be updated and is now in maintenance mode. Everyone can now download and sign into the new StarLeaf app. (Go to our app download page ). For the best experience with messaging, meetings, and calling, we recommend that you download the new StarLeaf app.
Users can simply download the app. The organization’s settings include email domains and this means that anyone signing into the StarLeaf app using an email domain associated with the organization will be added to the directory and will be able to simply call and chat with other users in the organization.
You can also add users through the Portal. By default, users added in this way receive an account activation email with instructions for that user to activate their account. During the account activation, the user is provided with download instructions for StarLeaf app. You can disable the sending of activation emails (go to Edit organization). Note that you can add users with non-matching email domains to your organization by adding them through the Portal.
When the user enters the QuickConnect code on the StarLeaf controller or phone, the endpoint serial number is displayed on this Portal page.
The Advanced settings for both Breeze and hardware endpoints concern bandwidth capping and you should not alter these settings under most circumstances. Refer to the online help in the Portal for more information. Also note that the Advanced settings are not available to all organizations.
To remove an endpoint from a given user’s profile, follow the instructions for deprovisioning in Delete a user.
- Layout for QuickMeet conferences: Choose the conference layout that this user uses when creating a QuickMeet (ad hoc) conference. Conference layouts are described in Meeting layouts