Your personal information is very important to us and we do all we can to protect it. This policy provides details about the personal information we collect, how we use your personal information, how we protect the security of such information and your rights to control the personal information we hold about you. This includes any information associated directly with you (such as your name, title, email address or phone number) that is supplied to us in connection with your use of our website (“the Site”) or the StarLeaf Cloud Services (“the Services”), as well as information we generate regarding your use of the Site or the Services (“Personal Information”).
This policy governs the collection, storage and use of personal information collected by StarLeaf Limited, registration number 066215999, whose registered address is at 6th Floor, One London Wall, London, EC2Y 5EB, United Kingdom, and/or its subsidiary undertakings (“we” or “us”) via our website at https://starleaf.com and via our Cloud Services Portal (located at https://portal.starleaf.com).
This policy was last updated on 30 August 2017. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this policy.
In order to access and view some content and/or the Cloud Services, you are required to register with StarLeaf before the content is made available to you. During the registration process, you are required to provide certain contact information, including your name, address, phone number and email address. We may use this information to contact you about the services we offer in relation to which you have expressed interest
In the case of channel partners accessing the Partnerzone to register deal prospects, and managing user organizations’ Portal accounts, we may collect their users’ personal information including names, phone numbers and email addresses.
The website uses the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “PortalLoginToken” is used to prevent users from having to re-enter login details after navigating away and back to the page.
- “PbxLoginToken” is used to speed up display of proxied pages.
You can disable and/or delete all types of cookies by using your browser settings. You can usually find this option under privacy in your browser options or preferences. Please note that if you do this it may impair the functionality of the Portal.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. They are also used to make
advertising more relevant to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see an advert. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organisations, for example advertisers.
We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information and how you can opt-out, please see here .
Wherever possible, the media associated with all StarLeaf originating or terminating audio and video communications (“calls”) is encrypted, and cannot be accessed by any StarLeaf employees. Calls are not monitored or recorded, except for videomail and voicemail messages, and calls which are explicitly recorded and saved by our customers using StarLeaf’s Recording Services products. Videomail and voicemail messages cannot routinely be accessed by StarLeaf employees. Recordings saved using StarLeaf’s Recording Services products cannot, under any circumstances, be accessed by StarLeaf employees. Where you have given us your consent, we may monitor calls in order to investigate bugs and service issues. Call records will not be made available to anyone outside of StarLeaf, without the prior consent of the organisation whose StarLeaf Cloud Services account was used to originate the calls. StarLeaf may de-identify or depersonalize data into anonymized and aggregate data that it derives from Customers (“Anonymous Data”). Anonymous Data means data that includes no Personal Data or unique identifiers that could later be used to refer to the Personal Data to which the data was once associated. StarLeaf uses only Anonymous Data in performing analyses, and may disclose Anonymous Data to its Customers who have requested such analyses and to third parties where We are contractually entitled to do so.
From time to time, StarLeaf provides Cloud Services to health care providers, and serves as a “Business Associate” (as that term is defined pursuant to HIPAA Regulations) to such providers in relation to the handling of protected health information (“PHI”).
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above to: (i) make the Portal and the Cloud Services provided via it available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes; (ii) provide you with services that you request; (iii) provide you with information on specific services; and (iv) where you have given us your consent, contact you with products and services which we think may interest you.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this, except: (i) to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency, or for crime prevention purposes; (ii) in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings); (iii) in order to establish or defend our legal rights; (iv) in the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective sellers or buyer of such business or assets; or (v) if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
Any information provided by you to us which is not personal information including but not limited to product related questions, feedback, comments, ideas and suggestions shall be deemed to be non-confidential. We shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute this information to others without limitation.
We take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our employees, contractors and agents may be given access to your personal information which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties in relation to facilitating your use of the Portal and the services available via it. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than those listed above or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be totally secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at the address specified below.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.