StarLeaf and POPI compliance (South Africa)
StarLeaf is committed to complying with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (POPI) and its main principles:
- Accountability: StarLeaf is accountable for compliance with the requirements imposed by POPI.
- Processing limitation: StarLeaf’s data processing is:
- Lawful and reasonable, and does not infringe the privacy of the data subject, and
- Falls within one of POPI’s grounds for justification for processing personal information.
- Purpose specification: StarLeaf’s processing has a specific, explicitly defined lawful purpose.
- Further processing limitation. Further processing by StarLeaf will be in accordance and compatible with the purpose for which it was collected.
- Information quality: StarLeaf takes reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal information is complete, accurate, not misleading, and up to date.
- Openness. StarLeaf takes reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the data subject is aware of the processing.
- Security safeguards: StarLeaf secures the integrity and confidentiality of personal information by taking appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures.
- Data subject participation: Data subjects can request access, correction, and deletion of personal information by contacting the DPO via one of the avenues below:
Rebekah Allendevaux, DPO
7 Hatters Lane, Croxley Park
Watford WD18 8YN
Phone: +44 (0) 330 440 1847