Polycom Join button
Last updated August 2, 2019
StarLeaf can be integrated with Polycom endpoints so that when a StarLeaf meeting is due to start, the Join button on a Polycom endpoint lights up. You can then join the StarLeaf meeting with one press of the Join button.
Polycom HDX series
- Models: 4000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000
- Minimum firmware version: 3.0.5
Polycom Group series
- Models: 300, 310, 500, 700
- Minimum firmware version: 6.0.0
- The Polycom endpoint requires a mailbox on Microsoft Exchange that is configured as a room resource.
- The Powershell commands to apply to the Exchange room resource mailbox for the Polycom endpoint are as follows:
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity <room alias> -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -AllowConflicts $false -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false
- Configure the Polycom endpoint to use the mailbox above for its calendar service.
- Enable Polycom Join button integration on your StarLeaf account. To this, contact StarLeaf support at email@example.com
- Register the Polycom endpoint with StarLeaf as a H.323 endpoint (if it is not already registered). To do this, follow the instructions at How to add an H.323 endpoint to the Portal
- Configure the StarLeaf room system with the Exchange email address as described below.
It may take about 10 minutes for this command to reach the Microsoft Exchange room resource and take effect.
- Ensure that your organization allows room systems to be configured with an email address. If it does not, you will need to contact StarLeaf Support to have this feature enabled.
On the Portal, edit the room system. Add the room’s Exchange email address in the email address field. In the image below, the meeting room’s Exchange email address is firstname.lastname@example.org:
and the room’s .call.sl address is email@example.com.
From now on, if the room system has been added to the meeting during the scheduling process (using the room’s email address), the Join button will light green on the Polycom endpoint when a meeting is due to start. This applies to all meetings that are scheduled using the Portal, the StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server, and the StarLeaf Scheduler for Office 365.