Poly Join button
Last updated July 23, 2021
StarLeaf can be integrated with Poly endpoints so that when the room system is invited to a StarLeaf meeting, the Join button on the Poly endpoint lights up. You can then join the StarLeaf meeting with one press of the Join button.
In this topic:
Polycom HDX series
- Models: 4000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000
- Minimum firmware version: 3.0.5
Polycom Group series
- Models: 300, 310, 500, 700
- Minimum firmware version: 6.0.0
Poly endpoints require a mailbox on Microsoft Exchange that is configured as a room resource.
- Apply the following Powershell commands to the Exchange room resource mailbox for the Poly endpoint:
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity <room alias> -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -AllowConflicts $false -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false
- Configure the Poly endpoint to use the mailbox above for its calendar service. Refer to Poly endpoint documentation for instructions on how to do this.
- Contact StarLeaf Support at email@example.com to enable the following for your organization:
- Poly Join button integration
- Room system email addresses
- Register the Poly endpoint with the StarLeaf platform as an H.323 endpoint. To do this, see How to add an H.323 endpoint to the Portal.
- Go to the Room Systems page on your Admin Portal.
- Click the edit icon in the row of the room system which you want to apply the Exchange email to.
- Type the Exchange email address into the Email address field.
- Click Apply.
It may take about 10 minutes for this command to reach the Microsoft Exchange room resource and take effect.
You must now edit the room system to have the Exchange email address.
Users can now add the room system to a meeting using the Exchange email address, or by searching for it in their calendar’s room finder when scheduling a meeting.
The Join button will light up green on the Poly endpoint when the meeting is due to start. This applies to all meetings that are scheduled using the Portal, the StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Exchange Server, and the StarLeaf Scheduler for Office 365.