Scheduler for Office 365
Last updated October 8, 2020 Microsoft
The StarLeaf Scheduler for Outlook Office 365 (‘O365’) allows all O365 users in an organization to schedule video meetings directly from their O365 client and Outlook web version.
For a list of supported languages, go to Localization.
Follow the below to install the StarLeaf Scheduler and connect it to your calendar:
- Install the StarLeaf Scheduler
- Connect the StarLeaf Scheduler to your O365 calendar
- Connect the StarLeaf Scheduler to your O365 calendar (web app)
- Add the StarLeaf Scheduler to your O365 calendar toolbar (web app)
- About delegated calendars
To download the StarLeaf Scheduler, go to the StarLeaf Scheduler page in Microsoft AppSource here .
- Select the blue Get It Now button.
- If you are not already signed in, sign into your Microsoft account in AppSource. The email address you use to sign in here must be the same as your StarLeaf account email address.
- Select Continue if you agree to the StarLeaf Scheduler terms and policies.
- Select Add.
- Select Continue.
The StarLeaf Scheduler begins installing. When it is successfully installed, follow the steps for Connect the StarLeaf Scheduler to your O365 calendar below.
When the StarLeaf Scheduler is installed, it must then be connected to your O365 calendar. To complete this one-time connection:
- Open your O365 client.
- In your O365 calendar, select Schedule beside the StarLeaf icon in the toolbar.
- Select Schedule meeting.
- Select Connect and enter your Microsoft credentials if you are prompted.
Your StarLeaf account and O365 calendar are now connected.
If you select Connect but have not yet signed up to StarLeaf, you are prompted to download StarLeaf. Follow the instructions provided by StarLeaf to sign up, then return to your O365 client for scheduling StarLeaf meetings.
- Open the O365 web app in your browser.
- In your O365 calendar, select New event.
- In the event window, select the StarLeaf icon in the toolbar as shown below.
- Select Connect to connect StarLeaf to your O365 calendar.
- In the Microsoft window that opens, select Yes to grant StarLeaf permission to access your O365 calendar for scheduling meetings.
If you do not see the StarLeaf icon in your toolbar, go to Add the StarLeaf Scheduler to your O365 calendar toolbar (web app).
To add the StarLeaf Scheduler button to your calendar toolbar for easy scheduling:
- In your O365 calendar web app, go to Settings.
- Select View all Outlook settings.
- In Settings, go to the Calendar tab on the left-hand side (if you are not already on it).
- Select Customise actions.
- Tick the box beside StarLeaf as shown below.
- Select Save.
The StarLeaf Scheduler button now appears in the calendar toolbar.
When you have completed installation, go to How to schedule a meeting for instructions about creating meetings with the Scheduler.
The StarLeaf Scheduler for O365 supports delegated calendar functionality. If you have permissions to edit another person’s calendar, you can schedule a StarLeaf meeting on their behalf.
To use delegation, both people must have the StarLeaf Scheduler connected to their StarLeaf accounts, and have accepted the necessary permissions in O365 (for Microsoft instructions on delegation permissions, go to: Delegate Access for O365 ).
Invitees who use StarLeaf for desktop and mobile, will see the scheduled meeting in the Today or Meetings tab, and can join using the green button.
When you schedule a meeting for someone else, this person becomes the meeting organizer. If you want the meeting to appear in your own calendar, you must include yourself in the invite list.
For information on how to mass deploy the add-in to a group of users, go to Deploy Office add-ins in the Office 365 admin center .