MS Exchange room booking and StarLeaf
Last updated November 6, 2020 Microsoft
You can configure a StarLeaf room system with an MS Exchange email address. If a user chooses a room from the prepopulated room resources in their meeting invite, the invite will get pushed to the StarLeaf room system and light up the green Join button.
- Ensure that your organization allows room systems to be configured with an email address. If it does not, you will need to contact StarLeaf Support to have this feature enabled.
- Go to StarLeaf Portal > Room systems > Edit room system.
- In the Email address field, add the room’s Exchange email address.
In the example below, the meeting room’s Exchange email address is firstname.lastname@example.org:
and the room’s .call.sl address is email@example.com.
- Log in to the Exchange admin enter (as an admin).
- Go to Mail flow > Rules.
- Create a new rule.
- At the bottom of this screen, select More options.
- Set Apply this rule if… and add the following two rules:
- The recipient is… and select the name of the room account
- The message properties… > include the message type and choose Calendaring
- Go to *Do the following… > Cc the message to…
- Enter the .call.sl address of the room using Check names.
- Select Save.
After you have redirected meeting invites to the room system’s .call.sl address and you have configured the StarLeaf room system with the exchange email address for that room, test that this works. For example, invite the meeting room to a meeting using the room’s email address and see if the green join button lights up for the meeting.