MultiJoin for Skype for Business
Last updated April 9, 2020 Green buttons for third-party meetings
It is possible to invite StarLeaf room systems to meetings hosted on certain third-party video conferencing providers (e.g. Skype for Business, BlueJeans, Teams, Zoom).
To cause the green Join button on StarLeaf room systems to light up for third-party meetings, a user must invite the .call.sl address of the StarLeaf room system to the third-party meeting. However, users are unlikely to know this address.
The solution is to integrate third-party meetings with MS Exchange room booking and StarLeaf. In this way, users can continue to invite rooms to their meetings (as they usually do) and the Exchange system will redirect the meeting invites to the StarLeaf room system.
There are two steps involved:
- Configure the StarLeaf room system with the Exchange email address
- Configure the MS Exchange mailbox to redirect meeting invites to the room’s address
- Ensure that your organization allows room systems to be configured with an email address. If it does not, you will need to contact StarLeaf Support to have this feature enabled.
- Go to StarLeaf Portal > Room systems > Edit room system.
- In the Email address field, add the room’s Exchange email address.
In the example below, the meeting room’s Exchange email address is email@example.com:
and the room’s .call.sl address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to the Exchange admin enter (as an admin).
- Go to Mail flow > Rules.
- Create a new rule.
- At the bottom of this screen, select More options.
- Set Apply this rule if… and add the following two rules:
- The recipient is… and select the name of the room account
- The message properties… > include the message type and choose Calendaring
- Go to *Do the following… > Cc the message to…
- Enter the .call.sl address of the room using Check names.
- Select Save.
After you have redirected meeting invites to the room system’s .call.sl address and you have configured the StarLeaf room system with the exchange email address for that room, test that this works. For example, invite the meeting room to a meeting using the room’s email address and see if the green Join button lights up for the meeting.