Last updated March 18, 2020
On this page:
- About MultiJoin for BlueJeans
- How to integrate BlueJeans meetings with Microsoft Exchange and StarLeaf
- How languages are supported
When a user schedules a BlueJeans meeting, they can add a StarLeaf room system from their room resources to the location field of the meeting invite.
In the example below, a person using the BlueJeans plugin for Microsoft Exchange chose the room Belfort and Microsoft auto-populated the location field with Belfort’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To cause the green Join button on StarLeaf room systems to light up for third-party meetings, a user must invite the .call.sl address of the StarLeaf room system to the MS Teams meeting. However, users are unlikely to know this address.
The solution is to integrate third-party meetings with MS Exchange room booking and StarLeaf. In this way, users can continue to invite rooms to their meetings (as they usually do) and the Exchange system will redirect the meeting invites to the StarLeaf room system.
There are two steps involved:
- Configure the StarLeaf room system with the Exchange email address
- Configure the MS Exchange mailbox to redirect meeting invites to the room’s address
- StarLeaf Enterprise Room Subscription
- a My Company service plan with BlueJeans
- Ensure that your organization allows room systems to be configured with an email address. If it does not, you will need to contact StarLeaf Support to have this feature enabled.
- Go to StarLeaf Portal > Room systems > Edit room system.
- In the Email address field, add the room’s Exchange email address.
In the example below, the meeting room’s Exchange email address is email@example.com:
and the room’s .call.sl address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to the Exchange admin enter (as an admin).
- Go to Mail flow > Rules.
- Create a new rule.
- At the bottom of this screen, select More options.
- Set Apply this rule if… and add the following two rules:
- The recipient is… and select the name of the room account
- The message properties… > include the message type and choose Calendaring
- Go to *Do the following… > Cc the message to…
- Enter the .call.sl address of the room using Check names.
- Select Save.
After you have redirected meeting invites to the room system’s .call.sl address and you have configured the StarLeaf room system with the exchange email address for that room, test that this works. For example, invite the meeting room to a meeting using the room’s email address and see if the green Join button lights up for the meeting.
When a participant uses the join button to join a BlueJeans meeting, they will be greeted in the language appropriate to the location of the data center in which the organization’s StarLeaf account is hosted. For example, if your StarLeaf account is hosted in StarLeaf’s data center in Germany, you will be greeted in German.