How to install PT Mini
Installing PT Mini 3020Last updated December 3, 2019
Before installing the PT Mini, read the safety information.
Before installing the StarLeaf PT Mini 3020, ensure you have the following:
- A StarLeaf Cloud account
- A monitor that supports a 1080p60 input format
- Network connection routable to the public Internet
Unpack the room system. The package contents are:
- PT Mini product bundle, including:
- PT Mini 3020 codec
- Phone 2120
- Logitech USB camera
- Installation sheet
- Power supply
- USB cable
- Audio cable
Note: The audio cable is a spare cable and is not necessary for installation of the PT Mini
- HDMI video cable (two)
- Video adaptors
- HDMI to DVI-D cables (two)
- Ensure you have chosen an appropriate installation site:
- The PT Mini must be accessible with all cables easily connected
- You must provide ventilation for the PT Mini; leave a space of at least 10cm (4 inches) behind, in front, and to the left and right of the PT Mini. Avoid installing it near a heat source such as a radiator and avoid placing it in direct sunlight
- The plug that connects AC power to the AC/DC adaptor is the main disconnect device for the PT Mini and must always be easily accessible.
- Use a grounded AC power outlet for the PT Mini. The PT Mini must be connected to the AC/DC adaptor
- Place the unit on a firm horizontal surface. If you intend to mount the unit, refer to Codec dimensions.
- Connect the USB cable into the Personal Telepresence port on the Phone 2120 and the StarLeaf Phone port on the PT Mini. The network port on the Phone 2120 is marked with this symbol:
The Phone 2120 must connect directly to the PT Mini; do not connect the phone via a switch to the PT Mini.
- Using an HDMI video cable, connect the monitor to the Monitor Out port on the PT Mini.
- Connect the camera to the USB port denoted by the symbol and mount the camera to the top of the monitor.
- If you want to connect a laptop or PC to the PT Mini as well, use the HDMI cable to connect your PC to the PC Video In port on the PT Mini.
- Using the supplied power adaptor, connect power to the PT Mini.
StarLeaf recommends that when you mount the camera, you place it at the top of the screen, as opposed to the base. This makes it easier for you to see the participants on the screen while still appearing to make eye contact.
Either you or your reseller can register the PT 3020 using the StarLeaf Portal. To do this:
- In the StarLeaf Portal, choose Users > Add user. You can see the
- Provide the following user information:
- A user’s email address is the unique identifier for that user. They receive an activation email to this email address. The user is not able to change the email address and uses it to log in to the StarLeaf Portal. The email address is a video address that any other StarLeaf user can dial to reach this user
- and : A user’s first and last name are displayed on the StarLeaf device. The names are also used in the directory, in voice and videomail, and when sending invites to conferences and invites to use StarLeaf Breeze
- : Cell, Work, and Home numbers. If specified, these appear in the company address book
- : Ensure that this is selected in order for users to receive voicemail, or video mail
- StarLeaf voice and video messages : the time zone is used for StarLeaf devices and for
- In the Type choose StarLeaf PT 3050, PT Mini 3020, or Phone 2120. section, for
- Choose whether or not to send the account settings by email.
- Click to submit the configuration. The Portal generates a unique QuickConnect code. You enter this code on the touchscreen controller.
The Phone 2120 receives power from the PT Mini. The first time it starts up it displays the screen shown below. Enter your StarLeaf QuickConnect code.
The Phone 2120 displays the user name and extension number as per your StarLeaf Cloud account. This is the home screen of the phone. The PT Mini 3020 is ready to make and receive calls. An example home screen is shown below.