Installing Pronto Cable USB
Installing ProntoLast updated July 12, 2019
Pronto enables instant content sharing in a meeting room. When installed and connected, Pronto syncs your StarLeaf meetings to the room system. If you have a meeting that is due to start, the join button will appear on the room system touchscreen.
On this page:
- Pronto pack contents
- Cable connectors
- Identify your Touch and type of installation
- How to install Pronto Cable USB
|Pronto with angled micro USB-B cable fitted|
|Alternative cable with a USB-A connector and a micro USB-B connector|
|Cable tie (on the install sheet)|
|Pronto||Angled micro USB-B||Micro USB-B||USB-A|
On the underside of every StarLeaf Touch is a label identifying whether it is a 2035 or 2036. You cannot connect Pronto to the micro USB-B connector on the underside of a Touch 2035. If you have a Touch 2035, you will instead need to connect Pronto to the room system codec using the alternative USB-A cable.
|Touch 2035/2036||Room system codec|
To install Pronto, select a topic below that applies to your room system.
- How to install with a StarLeaf Touch 2036
- How to install with a StarLeaf Touch 2035 or room system codec
Pronto comes with an angled micro USB-B cable fitted.
- Connect this angled cable to the micro USB port on the underside of the Touch 2036.
- Remove the cable tie from the bottom of the install sheet that comes in the shipping box.
- Secure the cable tie tightly around both the Ethernet cable and the angled cable to position them as they shown in the image below.
If you have a Touch 2035 you must connect Pronto directly to the room system codec. To do this, you must first remove the angled micro USB-B cable that is fitted to Pronto and replace it with the alternative USB-A cable that comes in the shipping carton. Follow the instructions below.
- Slide off the mounting bracket from Pronto.
- Slide open Pronto and remove the cover.
- Remove the two cable restraints from Pronto and set aside.
- Remove the fitted micro USB-B cable from Pronto.
- Connect the micro USB-B end of the alternative USB-A cable to Pronto.
- Replace the two cable restraints tight against the connector end to ensure that the cable remains in place. You can fit the restraints in either orientation to get the best hold.
- Replace the cover of Pronto.
- Slide Pronto back into the mounting bracket (if you require this).
Connect the straight USB-A connector of the alternative cable to the top USB port on the rear of the room system codec.