How to install Phone 2105
Installing Phone 2105Last updated September 27, 2018
Before installing your phone, refer to the safety information.
Before installing the StarLeaf Phone 2105, ensure you have the following package contents:
- StarLeaf phone unit
- Phone base
- Handset cord
- Ethernet cable
- Connect the base to the body of the phone.
- Using the supplied handset cable, connect the handset of the phone to the handset port on the rear of the phone. The handset port is marked with the symbol.
- Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to the network port on the rear of the phone.
The network port is marked with the symbol.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a Power over Ethernet (POE) switch port in your network. The Ethernet port is a 10/100/1000 Mbit/s port and is set to ‘auto’ by default.
- Use the cable guides to channel your cables through the base of the phone.
This allows your phone to sit firmly on your desk.
In all cases, the speed and duplex settings at either end of the connection must be identical (both set to ‘auto’). Using non-matching settings causes severe packet loss.
If you do not have a POE switch port in your network, you can opt to power the phone with an AC/DC adaptor. Connect the adaptor to the DC +5V port and connect the adaptor to the mains power supply. The necessary adaptor and power cable for non-POE setups are not supplied with the phone.