Configuring the Polycom Group 500 Series
Installing H.323 endpointsLast updated July 19, 2017
Before you can register your Polycom Group 500 endpoint to the StarLeaf Cloud, you must first add it to the StarLeaf Portal. Refer to How to add an H.323 endpoint to the StarLeaf Portal.
To configure the H.323 settings of the Polycom endpoint, you must access its web interface and make some changes. The example here is the Polycom Group 500.
- Find the IP address of the Polycom endpoint. It is on the bottom-left of the Polycom display, and can also be found by navigating to
- Navigate to the IP address in your browser; you are prompted for a username and password. The default username is admin and the default password is the serial number of the Group system. If the default settings do not work then contact your system administrator.
- To edit the H.323 settings go to Admin Settings > Network > IP Network. The H.323 settings appear at the top of the screen.
- Use the following settings:
- Enable IP H.323: enabled
- H.323 Name: this is the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- H.323 Extension (E164): this is the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- Use Gatekeeper: choose Specify
- Require Authentication: if you set an authentication password on the Portal, check this box and enter the authentication name from the Portal. If you did not enter an authentication password in the Portal, leave this box unchecked
- Primary Gatekeeper IP Address: enter the IP address and default port of the Portal gatekeeper service
- To find the IP address of the Portal gatekeeper service, you must ping your organization’s StarLeaf subdomain. That is, ping [your organization name].call.sl. For example, here at StarLeaf, we would ping starleaf.call.sl, which returns an IP address of 184.108.40.206
- The default port is 1719. Use this format:
IP address>:1719 For example: 220.127.116.11:1719
- To edit firewall settings, open the Firewall section on the same page. Select Enable H.460 Firewall Traversal as shown below:
- Save all changes and restart the hardware.
- To test the configuration, call the H.323 ID of the endpoint from any StarLeaf device. If the call does not work, reboot the endpoint and retry.
If the Gatekeeper fails to register after a device reboot, or change of IP address, it is likely because the Polycom endpoint has forgotten the H.460 firewall traversal setting. Find the setting under Admin Setting > Network > IP Network > Firewall, and uncheck, then re-check the option.
This is an example LDAP endpoint configuration. To configure the directory on the Polycom Group 500, go to.