Configuring the Cisco SX20 and C Series
Installing H.323 endpointsLast updated February 27, 2020
Before you can register your Cisco endpoint to the StarLeaf platform, you must first add it to the StarLeaf Portal. Refer to How to add an H.323 endpoint to the StarLeaf Portal.
To configure the H.323 settings of the endpoint, you must access its web interface and make some changes. To do so:
- Find the IP address of the endpoint. The IP address is displayed on the menu under Settings > System Information and is shown below.
- Navigate to the IP address in your browser; you are prompted for a username and password. The default username is admin and default password is 1234. If the default settings do not work then contact your system administrator.
- To edit the H.323 settings navigate to
- In the NAT section, set NAT Mode to Off.
- Use the following settings in the Profile 1 section. Note that you must click OK where possible after each change:
- PortAllocation: choose Dynamic
- H323Alias > E.164: enter the H.323 / name number from the Portal
- H323Alias > ID: enter the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- CallSetup > Mode: choose Gatekeeper
- Gatekeeper > Address: enter the call.sl subdomain. For example:example.call.sl
- Gatekeeper > Discovery: choose Manual
- Authentication > LoginName: enter the Authentication name provided by the Portal
- Authentication > Mode: choose On and enter the Authentication password from the Portal
- To test the configuration, call the H.323 ID of the endpoint from any StarLeaf device. If the call does not work, reboot the endpoint and retry.
If the system shows H323 to be “inactive” on the System Status page, you can fix it by going to H323 is set to ON. Also ensure that the SIP mode in NetworkServices is turned off.and making sure
When making calls, if the calls do not connect, make sure that the default call protocol is set to H323 (this is found in).
The StarLeaf directory supports Cisco/Tandberg endpoints, which connect to the directory over HTTP or HTTPS. Contact StarLeaf technical support to receive a single URL to use with all of your Cisco/Tandberg endpoints. This is of the form:
This is an example Cisco/Tandberg Configuration. To configure the directory for these endpoints, navigate to, entering the supplied URL. The phonebook Type is TMS and the ID field should be left blank.