Configuring the Cisco EX90
Installing H.323 endpointsLast updated July 19, 2017
Before you can register your Cisco endpoint to the StarLeaf Cloud, you must first add it to the StarLeaf Portal. Refer to How to add an H.323 endpoint to the StarLeaf Portal.
To configure the H.323 settings of the Cisco EX90 endpoint, you must access its web interface and make some changes. To do so:
- Statically assign the IP address for the EX90 endpoint by going to
- Navigate to the IP address in your browser; you are prompted for a username and password. The default username is admin and there is no password. If the default settings do not work then contact your system administrator.
- To edit the H.323 settings go to
- Use the following settings in the Profile 1 section. Note that you must choose Save after each change:
- CallSetup Mode: choose Gatekeeper
- PortAllocation: choose Dynamic
- Authentication > LoginName: enter the Authentication name from the Portal
- Authentication > Mode: choose On and enter the Authentication password from the Portal
- Gatekeeper > Address: enter the gatekeeper address (the call.sl subdomain)
- Gatekeeper > Discovery: choose Manual
- H323Alias > E.164: enter the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- H323Alias > ID: enter the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- If any SIP settings are enabled, these need to be disabled. SIP settings are located within .
- To test the configuration, call the H.323 ID of the EX90 endpoint from any StarLeaf device. If the call does not work, reboot the EX90 endpoint and retry.
The StarLeaf directory supports Cisco/Tandberg endpoints, which connect to the directory over HTTP or HTTPS. Contact StarLeaf technical support to receive a single URL to use with all of your Cisco/Tandberg endpoints. This is of the form:
This is an example Cisco/Tandberg Configuration. To configure the directory for these endpoints, navigate to the IP address in your browser and then to, entering the supplied URL. The phonebook Type is TMS and the ID field should be left blank.